Live weather not accurate? give this trick a try!

Appreciate your post, these things help to find bug on MSFS engine, the fix is reversing the bug issue.

1 Like

so this is the reason, why I was landing in rainy weather, then departing from the same airport about 25 mins later it was sunny with few clouds… I even restarted the whole sim as I didn’t believe I have live weather (but the other bug), but after a restart I had the same nice weather again :astonished:
Cheers!

i agree… Asobo advertises the sim has live weather but if it’s not working correctly they should be working on a fix sooner than later

1 Like

My complaint about the weather ( at least where i fly which is Midwestern United States / Chicago), is that the cloudy conditions dim the ambient light way too much. Today it was cloudy outside, but quite bright. The white clouds, reflect light and brighten the land. But in the sim, the same overcast cloud blocks out the light , and it looks like it is 7 pm , very dim, even at 12 noon, when it is still quite bright outside ( even with cloudy skies)

Has anyone else noticed this ? I tried this live weather work around, but it did not help.

I really wish they would brighten the ground textures / ambient lighting so it does not get so dim with overcast conditions

1 Like

Tried this trick at two airports and it didn’t work.

1st picture: LIBV 300655Z 17010KT 0250 R32L/0450 R14R/0900 FG VV002 13/13 Q1013 RMK VIS MIN 0250 WIND THR32 19010KT WIND THR14 17010KT RED

2nd picture: EDGS 300650Z 27007KT 0400 R31/0550N FG VV/// 03/03 Q1011

Yeah even I couldn’t get it to work again last night, sigh. I’m sorry, this is tiresome I know.

You don’t have to apologize, it’s not your fault. I believe Asobo will bring some improvements over time.
BTW, have you tried tinkering with the time while ingame (change the system time then click at live time in the sim) ? It’s cool how the clouds change.

Seems to be working still for me. The weather in the Hill Country of Texas has been Overcast and misty for the last few days.

Since doing this time trick the sim has been dang close to what is happening outside in my area.

However, this is eyeballing it…not looking at any official weather readings.

Although the ridiculous amount of lightning seems to be happening again.

1 Like

Yeah I have played around with this, I’ve had days where I can pinpoint the exact time when the model switches from the current day to the next and sir and watch it transition in game

Ahh interesting.

I flew to KTIW yesterday where the metar report was CLR but there was lots of high cloud around which it showed very nicely. However just after I arrived around 20:00z I saw the weather transition to the next day to overcast cloudy. I tried the trick I mentioned above by loading in at 06:00z but every time I set it back to current time it just kept loading in the overcast cloud

It seems to me that when it gets to around that 19:00z time and it loads in the new model, it’s loading it in for around 07:00z the next day, which means there’s a whole period of weather between 19:00z and 07:00z the next day which is just completely missed out

Interesting — I will monitor that today and see what happens.

Here is what the sim is representing for KERV weather now:

Just eyeballing it…bit pinkish then what it really is…however the cloud cover looks right on. IMO.

Hello everyone!

Thank you for your feedback. I would recommend to avoid changing your PC time settings as it can have side effects.
The team is looking at it.

4 Likes

Hi @OlieTsubasa443

“Side effects” could you provide a bit more information.

Thanks and have a great day!! :sunglasses:

Hi All

Good to hear the team will look at it, I’m having same results by checking live weather against Meteoblue , Windy and NOAA sites it seems the In sim weather is about 2hrs behind
Looking at historical weather even by Meteoblue shows the wind indicated on the sim map screen mirrors this historic weather
To me anyhow if the team looks at, would be great

Time is extremely important in networking communications. Having your system clock so far behind the actual time could cause data issues. I’m not saying it definitely will, but it could depending on the situation.

Hi great to hear it’s being looked into!

Is it possible to keep a line of communication open with the team so we can help to rectify the issue?

Thank you for the info!! :+1:

Thank you Sir! Works perfectly for me.

Also worked when I changed the time to 6:00z even when I was already in the game, and switched back to my local time and got accurate weather.

1 Like

If you change the time back to current time after loading the sim, does the weather stay accurate for the entire flight? I’m curious if the sim would load incorrect weather again the next time it pulls down weather from the server.