[BUG LOGGED] Mountains/coastlines constantly morphing since the USA/UK/Nordics World Updates

Yes strange mountain in northwest Tasmania approaching YSMI from YKII

I’ll check again, and make some screenshots.
All my settings are on ultra.

Unfortunately I am still seeing significant popping and morphing of the mountains near Innsbruck heading out towards Zurich. Also on Ultra settings in 1080p with a 2080 graphics card at a solid 40ish FPS.

1 Like

I’ve checked and yes, there is still some morphing but nothing to be compare to what it was before.

It is much more progressive.

Here are 4 screenshots:

By the way, the ugly rivers on slope are clearly visible on the first shot. Terrible.

I have noticed this big difference of LOD because I use the “tree distance draw” mod.

Before the update, the trees and terrain LOD were different, and the trees were on top of the max LOD of the terrain, literally floating in the air. I had to go remarkably close to the mountain to see, with max LOD for the terrain, everything in place.

This is not true anymore.

I didn’t’ take any shot of this (and I can’t take some anymore) so here’s a little diagram for explain it:

Did you update the tree distance mod? In your first screenshot the trees should have been drawn if using the mod.

No I didn’t, I didn’t know there was already an update.
I’ve dowload the mod a few days ago.

Enlarge the first shot, the trees are there, and a lot of them. :slight_smile:

I upgraded the mod. Everything is OK using the 40-55 small trees. I was using the old 75-100 small trees to make the screenshots.

No improvements, not a bit

4 Likes

A perfect demonstration of the problem I was originally talking about. Thank you. And I agree no improvements at my end either.

2 Likes

Agreed no changes and I’ve tested it everywhere! Morphing, popping, shifting is all still present in all of my testing locations.

Same issue here, it’s perfectly annoying but not the worst issue the sim has terrain wise.
Regarding the ‘rivers’, that disappears, it looks more like part of the moutain not rendered, so it is buggy and you can see through it.

Yup…i have this morphing also in Greek mountains as well.
Plus…i was in NY just now and i got this all of a sudden.
MFS never stops giving us GLITCHING presents

2 Likes

Looks like the Sim Update 3 broke A LOT of things, your issue is that the sea level is too low on certain parts of the map, check this video of the Caspian Sea, this is sad and scary at the same time:

This is gonna be a joy for Asobo to fix all of that.
Their QA testing should be more thorough because this is unacceptable.

1 Like

Instead of fixing the ■■■■ LOD distance they came up with these solutions.

Not sure about this particular place but I‘ve seen such coastlines since world update 3. This might be a trade off for the reduced water artifacts on cliffs.

Lol. They can’t even hide this issue from official trailers. Look at the mountains behind the plane @ 37 seconds on the CRJ announcement video Microsoft just posted:

2 Likes

Must admit, I can’t spot it in the trailer.

It was also visible in the Xbox trailer, particularly in the Honolulu shot.

1 Like

Right there. Hard to see if you’re on mobile.

2 Likes