Multiplayer: Players disappearing or not visible at all

-They are both flying on the same server.

-In the flight condition settings of the world map, the multiplayer setting is set to “ALL” for both parties.

If you meet the above, it seems likely that you have the problem discussed here.

Please check this setting.

3 Likes

Great. Same problem then.

3 Likes

Several videos have been posted in this thread.
You can also compare the phenomenon with them.
Of course, different scenarios may occur.
[BUG LOGGED] Multiplayer issues (players disappearing or not visible at all) - #48 by Mazwy
[BUG LOGGED] Multiplayer issues (players disappearing or not visible at all) - #53 by readablity
[BUG LOGGED] Multiplayer issues (players disappearing or not visible at all) - #58 by GSF1200SAK6
[BUG LOGGED] Multiplayer issues (players disappearing or not visible at all) - #116 by GeorgeSaiching

4 Likes

Strange… tried to vote this bug up but it says i am out of votes yet i’ve never voted on this forum before… Guess Asobo/MS don’t want our opinions cause i’m hearing from others i’m talking to who are having similar problems.

3 Likes

I have this problem. I like to fly large group multiplayer, youtube and twitch.
The planes are constantly popping in and out. Please Fix.

3 Likes

-Don’t have enough votes for the trust level.
-You have already voted on other issues and do not have enough votes.

If you do not have the right to vote, please refer to the following article to get the right.

3 Likes

Also have this bug, try to fly with my friend @drSTATION and we just always disappearz

4 Likes

Excellent post. All 4 of those videos clearly show the exact problem.

5 Likes

Thanks @Jummivana for clarifying and confirming your (and our) understanding of the Dev Q&A on this topic. All here understand the problem. Now it would be great to know more about how the Dev team are thinking about a solution. Martial started to explain a challenge, but got cut off in mid-sentence. More generally, we are all eager to recapture the pleasure of group flying.

2 Likes

Thought this was just on my system, hopefully they sort it out soon

2 Likes

Experimented with switching servers yesterday with my friend. We normally use South Asia server - switched to West USA.

Friend suddenly appeared. Maybe server related or maybe a fluke?

1 Like

I do occasional group flying with friends since August last year. I can confirm that this problem is present since the very beginning and occurs on all servers.

Just today I did a flight with a friend and he disappeared and re-appeared several times.

Maybe the issue didn’t get too much attention in the past because there had been much bigger problems with performance and stability which are mostly solved now.

1 Like

I fly a lot of multiplayer and it does it all the time on all servers.

3 Likes

Yeah, you’re right, it has been doing for a long time, but it was “bearable” until SU5 when it instantly got noticeably worse.

4 Likes

I checked back the videos of past group flights and found that the current situation started on July 8, 2021.
It was not this bad until July 4, 2021.

5 Likes

i have the same problem, regardless of the server i use, some of the multiplayers / planes / text-badge are always disappearing for some time, before it is visible again… its a really immersion breaking bug. hope this get s fixed asap cause before the last update, it all worked for me.

5 Likes

I thought it’s just my unique problem with the multiplayer disappearance. Now it looks like I’m not alone. Hopefully it will be set soon.

2 Likes

Hi, is there any update on this?

4 Likes

More “immersion breaking” than having a great big flying label in the sky?

I’ve done several verifications among people I know recently, so I’ll write down what I know about the occurrences.

-All multiplayer players fly in ALL states.
-Two or more users fly at close range over a long distance.
-Multiple other users are in the area where the name tag is displayed. (There are multiple users in the area where the name tag is displayed.)

We are experiencing problems on the ASIA EAST server around 9:00-11:00 PM Japan time in the following situations.

1. On September 18, we flew from near Hiroshima Airport to Miyazaki, and then to Tanegashima.
    We were flying with “F14” x 5 + “mb339” x 1, but we lost sight of the aircraft flying in multiple times by the players who were following the flight.
    (There was a video feed on youtube just before the event, and there were many other users flying in the vicinity besides us.)

2. The video I reported on September 22 recorded the situation from the airspace over Sakurajima in Kagoshima, on the way to Miyazaki Airport via the airspace over Shibushi City (I think more than 15 planes were flying over the area at the same time).

Another verification was made at 9:00 pm Japan time on the USA WEST server, where I encountered the following problems

1. On October 9, we flew from Aomori to Nagoya via Haneda area, and flew with 6 mb339 aircraft near Haneda. There were no aircraft other than ours around and no disappearance occurred.
    After that, we encountered a sudden disappearance of each other’s aircraft near Izu Peninsula, and we couldn’t maintain the formation, so we landed at Oshima. There was only one other aircraft at Haneda, and we were almost the only ones there!

2. The next day, at about the same time, I was flying from Takamatsu to Aomori with 3 or 4 planes, including merging on the way, when 3 planes disappeared at the same time in front of me near the Hida mountain range northwest of Mt.
    After flying for a while after the disappearance, I saw the other aircraft again, so we rejoined and there was no disappearance until Aomori.
    https://youtu.be/B3v4XWD2jso

I also encountered another problem on the USA EAST server at 11:00 pm Japan time in the following situation

1. On October 10, four people were flying over New York City when they experienced a disappearance right in front of them. There were several aircraft around us (probably around 15).

Overall, I think the following verification will confirm the occurrence of the problem
-It can happen on any server.
-If you fly in an area with a lot of other users in a group, nearby players will disappear, and after a certain amount of time they will become visible, but sometimes they will disappear again.
-If there are only a few other users, it is unlikely to happen, but you can see players disappear from in front of you the moment you cross a certain area.

This problem seems to have first been observed during a user participation event on July 8, 2021, as reported by GSF1200SAK6, who is streaming on youtube.

During the same user’s participatory youtube feed on July 4, the disappearing phenomenon was not confirmed (some aircraft close to me were visible, and distant ones were only invisible).
I don’t recall any application updates between the 4th and the 8th.

Personally, I think that if there was a server update, etc. here, it is more likely that that is what is causing the problem.
It would be necessary to confirm what happened between the 4th and the 8th.

13 Likes