Multiplayer: Players disappearing or not visible at all

If the cause of the disappearance is too many planes flying in the same airspace, then the priorities are wrong.
Either the planes should be displayed in simple distance order, or the planes flying ahead should be given priority over those flying behind.

Or, if Asobo has some concept of disappearing planes flying ahead, I would like a configuration to disable it.

3 Likes

The best thing about flying, is flying in groups, bunched together, not too close, but close enough to see all the different (or in some cases generic) aircraft and liveries.
This is no longer possible at the moment, a group flight gets stretched over miles and miles, because nobody really knows where everyone else is.
If you watch a group flight on the worldmap, you can see the jumping and vanishing of the green dots too, clearly something suboptimal at the moment.

10 Likes

Having the same problem since SU5… My friend and I used to hop on every other day when we got off work to do some bush flying or formation flying. We haven’t got on for a few weeks together because there just is no point anymore. Really wish this is fixed so we can have our relaxed flying time together.

8 Likes

I will attach a reference video of the phenomenon that the surrounding aircraft disappear irregularly when flying in multiplayer.
(Captured some disappearance patterns, and they are rough due to capacity limitation. )

There may be requirements such as load balancing, but I think that priority should be on nearby aircraft.

13 Likes

I checked past Youtube and found the following.

This problem did not occur until 2021/7/4, and has been occurring since 2021/7/8.
And not only the planes in front of me disappear, but also the planes behind me.
Below 120kts it’s fine, and above 120kts the nearby planes disappear.
It doesn’t matter if the plane is on the ground or in the air, as the nearby planes disappear when the plane exceeds 120 kts during formation takeoff.

5 Likes

Only last few weeks that I’ve noticed this happening. Multiplayers fading out, then returning temporarily. Others report that I’m also fading and reappearing.

3 Likes

Me too.
When i get in the map first time, I can see other players, then few seconds they all disappeared. :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks, that blew my brains outs through my ear canals lol.

3 Likes

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
nope
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
tested it using both dev mode and normal but made no chages, same results

Brief description of the issue:
As far as I know, the sim should render the closest 30 (I think) aircraft but after SU5 it seems like the aircraft randomly get Thanos Snapped out of existing. here is a formation fight the lead faded out for no determinate reason. I know 100% that it is not friends closing the sim or something like that, they just disappear. Also seen in the example video, the pilot to the right in blue still saw the lead the entire time

once the plane disappears, it will not show up again unless a wait for it to randomly pop up 10s of minutes later (on average) or I switch server regions back and forth.

The type of planes do not have any effect on this issue from what I can tell

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
it happens randomly but
Fly in formation on “all players” multiplayer (possibly in crowded airspace)
Wait, 5-20 minutes

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
5900x, 3090, 32 GB ram,1GB Fiber network (aka not a network issue)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Right after SU5

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
no

6 Likes

Yes, this happens often, even when not in close formation.

I think it’s a server capacity issue. I often fly with others that aren’t very close to me and they too disappear sometimes for minutes at a time.

But for formation flying, when you get very close it is normal that the other plane will disappear.

Hopefully some dat that will be changed.

4 Likes

May be related:

2 Likes

Totaly agree with you!!

2 Likes

This is a scene of a T-45 taking off while looking behind it. (8:43 to 9:13)
You can see the planes behind disappear when the speed exceeds 120kts.
Just like the video in No.46, the planes nearby suddenly disappear.
It seems to be related to distance and speed, and not to whether they are in front or behind.

3 Likes

Problem not solved yet

8 Likes

same goes to me… near friends suddenly missing not really near as usual, sometime missing alot…old one is more better after update muliplayer bad for online playing

6 Likes

“Plop” Player 1 gone - “Plop” Player 2 gone - “Plop” Player 1 back - “Plop” Player 3 gone - “Plop” Player 1 gone - “Plop” Player 2 here … and always like that Further…
terrible - absolutely a patch

5 Likes

Sadly, after WU6 - it appears that this is still an issue. Can anyone else confirm?

20 Likes

It’s not distance or speed related. This even happens on the ramp.

We’ve been trying to get a handle on this since June when it first started. It doesn’t correlate to how complex the scenery is, or how many players are around you, or which server you are on.

13 Likes

It’s just brocken - you can see it on the worldmap, watch a group flight, and you see green dots vanishing and appearing in different locations, in simracing terms, the netcode is broke.
Something got changed with the x-box update, and that has to change back, otherwise group flights will become less and less fun.

10 Likes

Same here, aircraft nearby disappear

10 Likes