Multiplayer: Players disappearing or not visible at all

So disappointing that this massive bug hasn’t been addressed. As I said elsewhere, possibly on this thread, it is arguably the biggest bug in the sim right now and it has been completely brushed aside by Asobo/MS. How can you advertise your product as having “multiplayer” functionality, when that funtionality is only random?

19 Likes

Amazing that this issue isn’t even in the Known Issues sheet. Tried to get the community manager to ask about it during the last fly in (since people were popping in and out on the stream), but she didn’t seem to notice that question…. Was hoping there might be a fix in this WU, but it doesn’t look like it.

10 Likes

It is noticeable when performing the act of “flying together” introduced in the advertisement video.
Any player who looks at the position of other aircraft and thinks about how to fly on the aircraft will notice the problem.

Players who are used to maneuvering to some extent will want to try formation flights with their friends.

I think this is a problem that destroys the community for enjoying such formation flights.
I used to enjoy formation flights without any problems on the product.
I think it will definitely be possible to restore it to its original state.

9 Likes

I issued a support ticket on the 3rd of August regarding this issue. There has been no responses from the Asobo support team to acknowledge the problems described in the ticket, just generic replies to check if I have things installed in my community-folder etc.

Yesterday, when SU6 was released, they auto-closed the ticket, and marked it as resolved - forcing me to create a new ticket regarding the same issue.

This is getting quite frustrating; No fix in sight, and no response from your support team…

8 Likes

Same here, incredibly annoying. Group of 4 flying, all with the same issue of disappearing planes/ not seeing group even when spawning at same location. Its broken.

10 Likes

I asked myself the same thing…too strange

5 Likes

I haven’t received response from asobo on my ticket dated August 11th, not a single response in almost a month. They won’t even acknowledge there is an issue. I’m pretty disappointed in how asobo is handling this… really took the fun out of flying when you can’t fly with friends or in a formation without constant disappearing.

13 Likes

Still the same here. Nothings to do for multiplayer formation flight.
Please fix this issue

8 Likes

Still happens here. It’s way less an issue when you start with a huge group and stick together, than when you catch up from far. In latter case, when you get close, they typically reliably disappear.

3 Likes

Same here…
We yesterday changed to Group + Multiplayer traffic off (Group only). After this, the other player still disappeared randomly in the first few minutes, but after a short while, we could do an 1h flight without disappearing players.

3 Likes

Ths is very frustrating to go and fly with some friends, only to see them disappear when they are right in front of you. They will appear again, 50 miles away and when you fly towards them, they will disappear again. I would really like MSFS2020 to be a multiplayer game, PLEASE fix this bug.

8 Likes

Let’s Continue to vote…!!

10 Likes

I am sorry, i wish i could, but i can not vote, it says: You are out of votes, remove an existing vote! But i never voted before…

1 Like

You must be an active member…submit post etc

3 Likes

Thanks for all the votes guys - MS and Asobo are aware of the issue and the team will be working on a fix. Keep spreading the word to vote as it will increase the urgency!

19 Likes

I think i have become a active member, i have 10 votes! well 9 now, i have voted for your post :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I experience the same issue as majority reporting here. Players dropping in and out at random. Group flights are difficult.

I’ve also noticed that the servers are not removing players when they close the game completely. For example, a group of us flew, some departed the game, yet their playername was still showing listed as on the server in the local players menu. I assume this also lags the servers… I counted up to 78 local players in the menu at one stage, but could only see about 10-15 on screen.

I wish MS would fix their servers.

8 Likes

In the Summer we opened this issue and it was getting lots of votes in a short space of time and it got shut down because apparently it was the same as some other issue (which it wasn’t) which had far fewer votes. Thank goodness you’ve raised this again. It would be interesting to see if they close this one now it is gaining some traction.

12 Likes

I hope this will be fixed soon.

8 Likes

Just to add my feedback.
It seemed that previous to SU5, the network would try to keep your contact list around you in multiplayer.
Now it seems that the 1st planes to disappear are your contact list !!!
Groups will have my MSFS install stuttering to extreme 1image per second if my contacts are far away (like France/ Australia, tested).

My tests were made with a vanilla sim as well as with a populated (everything updated) community folder. I have not made a Zendesk post.
The bug can be reproduced by EVERYONE in the session around me when flying in multiplayer with people I can communicate with (Discord), be it on PC AND CONSOLE.

The last WU/ shadowpatch did notthing to improve.

2 Likes