[BUG LOGGED] Multiplayer Stuttering after world update - Liveries Bug report

Well yes I have to take back what I said , departed from gate for a taxi around and the stutters reappeared so forget what I said it’s unplayable in multiplayer mode , just don’t understand the other players how they are managing to take off , land I have read about liveries different planes etc I’m baffled by it all

No one was flashing that’s the confusing part

Same here. First I thought it’s related to the airport in terms of size / popularity (e. g. Nice), but I also had major stutters at an smaller airport (EDDN). Disabling the Multiplayer Mode helped a lot.

1 Like

It definitely does. Although we have found some nuance to this. It might be that modded aircraft, in addition to liveries, might play into this as well. It’s just unfortunate that we, the users, have to go to all this tortuous troubleshooting.

2 Likes

Same issue. Waiting for fix!

How many assets load from disc when you approach this airport?

Does the asset load coincide with the stutters?

Same, without multiplayer is ok, on multiplayer heavy stutter, game is not usable, worse patch ever.

Hi all! As we investigate this bug further we would LOVE some community help! If you are experiencing this issue please provide the following information:

Server Location:

Type of Aircraft you are flying:

How many aircraft/people you were flying with:

Specific location/airport?:

Were you yourself using a mod or custom livery or anyone in your group?
1 Like

There’s a thing in git where you can keep track of code changes :roll_eyes:

I experienced the same bug yesterday and it went away when I disabled multiplayer in setting

Server Location: europe north or west (it is set to automatic)

Type of Aircraft you are flying: FBW 320 experimental

How many aircraft/people you were flying with: I was not in a group, but there must have been someone else at the airport

Specific location/airport?: EDDK

Were you yourself using a mod or custom livery or anyone in your group? I was flying the FBW 320 experimental with custom Wizz Air livery. When the stuttering started I could not check for other players because the controls would only respond once every 2 to 5 seconds. So my first concern was to disable multiplayer

I also checked my cpu and gpu usage and strangely enough they were not crazy high - maybe only 25%. But it could be that one core was running high and the rest was idling. I didn’t check that.

Server Location: USA West

Type of Aircraft you are flying: C172 with 6-pack

How many aircraft/people you were flying with: 1 other

Specific location/airport?: Everglades National Park (captured in live stream here: Twitch)

Were you yourself using a mod or custom livery or anyone in your group? Yes, the other person was using a livery I did not have.

Server Location: SE Asia

Type of Aircraft you are flying: C208B (DTLang mod)

How many aircraft/people you were flying with: at various times - between 6 and 20

Specific location/airport?: Northern Spain - multiple locations - none heavy scenery

This is honestly trivial to recreate. 2 people on the same server flying the same a/c. 1 flies displaying a livery which the other person does not have in their repository. The player with a different livery will be smooth if he has the 2nd players livery installed somewhere. The other player will pause every second and possibly see the other player’s nametag flickering.

In our testing we could recreate at will by having one person load the “right” plane/livery combo. As soon as they spawned back in pausing would either start or stop for anyone else in the same a/c.

I have also experienced this at London City, Heathrow and Nice in a fbw 320. As soon as another player is local with a livery loaded I don’t have then the stutters kick in. Once I depart, they stop.

1 Like

Please note - any references to 1.15.8 in this thread are (IMO) irrelevant - the issue was present prior to the hotfix and made no difference at all - this appeared after WU4. We first experienced it in a group flight scheduled to experience the new Benelux sceneries.

Location, France & US.

Cessna Caravan, and other Default MS Aircraft.

20 to 50

No custom mod myself, as for the group everyone else most would have been using third party aircraft.

Differenct Servers

Oh come on really?! FF Sake!

Server location:
ALL

Type of Aircraft you are flying:
A320 Neo (Asobo), with and without CRJ (Aerosoft), CJ4 (Asobo).

How many aircraft/people you were flying with:
multiplayer - on

Specific location/airport?:
KLAX, KJFK, RJTT, EDLP (with and without EDLP by Aerosoft), EHAM, EGLL, EPWA, EPGD and many many more.

Were you yourself using a mod or custom livery?
Nope

Flashing gamertag (nickname / nameplate) causes stuttering.
Everything is ok without flashing.

This problem is Multiplayer only and can happen anywhere in the world and on any server. It started after WU4. The Hotfix did not start or change it. It seems to happen when in a group flight within sight of the plane causing the problem. It appears when two flyers are using the same aircraft type but one has an addon livery in use and the other does not have that exact livery installed in their community folder. As soon as the second person in that scenario loads in, every approximately 1 second the Stutter happens and affects anyone with the same plane type (and maybe others?). The nametag of the second person who initiated the Stutter, by having a unique Livery, flashes in sync with the Stutter. Others affected can ask that flyer to change to another livery. A default livery is usually requested although third party liveries are fine if all flyers have the same one installed. As soon as the offending flyer leaves the flight, or changes the livery with Development Mode, the Stutter stops and the flight returns to normal. If the returning flyer now has a livery that all others have in their community folder then there is no Stutter. Some also think that a mismatched aircraft model such as one flyer having a third party aircraft the others don’t have, may cause it as well but I don’t think that is proved yet. It appears to me it may be caused by the MSFS servers looking for the livery, not finding it, and repeating to look in a loop. Hope this info helps.

15 Likes

This morning I took a flight from Nice to Paris. Nice airport was a bit laggy. I had multiplayer and live traffic on, generic liveries. Saw a couple moving aircraft. I was able to depart 4L with minimal stutters, but not as smooth as I usually get. On climb out, very smooth, all the way to final approach at LFPG. Then the rhythmic one second stutters began all the way to the gate. Saw more operating aircraft. I will try it again with multiplayer off. End of report.

Very nice summary. I think you nailed the problem. Now all we need is a permanent solution.

1 Like

Hi, fully agree! The 1/sec stutter stops when i’m in Groups Only. When in Multiplay and at an airport in the neighborhood of other players stuttering appears again. It’s a 3e part livery or an -aircraft problem caused by the other players!