[BUG LOGGED] Multiplayer Stuttering after world update - Liveries Bug report

Folks, thank you very much for your helpful tips about how to improve general performance!

But for the umpteenth time: here we are discussing a very specific performance problem in multiplayer that only occurs in a very specific setting („custom liveries and same aircraft“ is currently the main suspect) and that problem hits all players in the (near?) vicinity that do not have this particular custom livery installed, almost at the same time - all players! Regardless of whether they use AMD, nVidia, low end or high end systems (in fact, I am playing on a Mac ;)).

And it goes away if you fly away from the flock of airplanes and instantly starts again once you approach (less than 20 miles?) the other players (especially the one with the custom livery).

Read again the initial post and particularly watch the video: it is a very distinct „periodic stuttering“.

1 Like

Please note that the following comments are purely personal and are in no way to be taken as any officiaI statement on the matter.

I would be surprised if the developers were not aware of this issue. I know that it has been mentioned to the Community Manager already.

I fully expect it to be addressed when the developers identify the root cause. It may require a degree of patience for those of us who are experiencing this issue.

While turning off options>data>multiplayer is no solution to those who wish to fly in groups, as others have said it does correct the issue for those who wish to fly solo and enjoy other aspects the sim offers.

2 Likes

Happy to wait and thanks for letting us know that the community manager is aware at least. Have a great day.

OK - I thought generic models worked but a quick drop-in at LHR proves it does not. So, we wait.

Yeah generics dont work I found out today as well, but hey for me at least the whole sim is rather unusable at the moment. Starts at 21fps on the runway and works its way into the toliet every damm time.

Doesnt matter time of day, settings, features turned off even took GPU and cleaned it and reseated it, (didnt even need cleaning) and no change. Rebooted the Cable modem, wire direct into cable modem, no differenct 20 - 10 - 1 bleh…

Just did a 30 pilot flight with no issues.
Had the rules of:

• Empty community folder
  • Only fly the King Air
  • No liveries

After the event some people stuck around for debugging of the stuttering issue.
The pilot who was blinking was causing the stutter, the only change he made was selecting a livery.
Video attached:

6 Likes

My first organized multiplayer experience was full of stutters but was rectified. My four friends were already in game and flying, without stutters. When I joined, I got stutters when I flew within a few miles of the other guys and they all got stutters too. I was using the Default 172 (old gauges version default paint). I changed to the 172 G1000 model (default paint) and the stutters remained. I removed the G1000 & G530 mods (only 172 mods I use) and still had stutters. So both 172’s caused our session to stutter. Next I loaded the C208, with G1000 mod (can’t remember paint), and “Bingo”, no stutters. I then tried the SR22, default paint, with G1000 mod and still no stutters. Whatever was happening when I selected my 172’s, we got stutters.

Next test was with one other friend and we both used C208’s, mine modded for flight characteristics plus G1000 mod and his default. The flight was long and smooth with several “other” players joining the flight, at greater distances from our aircraft.

I suspect the problem aircraft may not cause stutters until they come within close range of other players. Meerely flying along viewing the other guy’s Tags may not cause problems. In my case, when I flew close enough to see their nav lights, the stutters came.

My sim 172’s appeared to be the cause of our stutters so I will conduct some testing, as opportunities arise.

Did someone try to disable nametags when the issue appeared?
Not using the UIMOD but via the menu to completely disable them?

I’m asking because people reported issues with other players not showing their aircraft type on the nametags since WU4 except if it was the same type.
So I thought maybe disabling the nametags could get rid of the stutters despite having someone using a livery that you don’t have installed.

No ,disable name tags via UIMOD or via the menu has no effect.
If all players use one of the in game stock liveries (NOT custom or 3rd party) the stuttering stops

You are correct, I believe. Custom liveries on standard aircraft are the culprit.

cant be just standard aircrafts.

Ive had the blinking nameplates and invisible aircrafts causing stutter on people using 3rd party aircrafts with custom liveries too.

one example is I own the crj-700, parked next to another person with a crj-700 (custom livery I dont own), he was invisible and with a blinking nametag causing stutters.

Some observations.
A scenario could be 5 Cessna 208 Caravans and 5 cub crafter in multiplayer session

1 ) If Cessna 1 has a custom livery the other 4 Cessna players will experience stutter and Cessna 1’s name tag will be flashing in sync with stutter. If the Cub players are all using the same livery they will not experience stutter. So seeing the stutter is down to a group of aircraft type not sharing the same livery.
2) If there is more than one aircraft in a group with mismatching liveries you will still only see one player flashing. When this player has corrected to a suitable livery he will stop flashing the other mismatched player will start flashing until their livery is corrected and so on.

As mentioned above the easiest way to sort this is to all use the stock game default livery

edit Also if there are more than a certain number (not sure if this is 25 or 30) of players in a multiplayer session no player will be seeing the same combination of other players so that is an added complication.

1 Like

And if you did own and have the same livery installed you would not stutter. Its not the aircraft type that matters.

Thats what I was thinking too.
What I did was spend a couple days at a busy airport, trying to write down all the aircrafts and liveries I saw and if they were free I would dowlnload them to try resolve the issue.
But of course all it takes is just one mismatch at any given moment to make everything stutter.

The generic model swapping settings are also interesting, coupled with the variety setting.

What I was trying to figure out is exactly what causes this loopback that causes stuttering. Just model mismatch or just livery, or both? And do the settings help?.

I noticed I had alot of issues before downloading the standalone version of the A32NX as opposed to the stable version that is not standalone. Standalone version counts as a different aircraft with different liveries. So that whole thing just added to the mess I think, since its such a popular aircraft.
So sorting that out seemed to fix alot of the A320 issues for me personally.

But the issue still remains with what seems to be some horrible implementation of model and livery swapping.

It may be something temporary but this improved the stuttering for me: enable “Generic Airplanes” for multiplayer aircrafts, and switching to another server
Good luck!

1 Like

I see that you have set no AI traffic , also have you turned off weather too as it looks greyed out?
Does that stop the stuttering still?

For me is the solution for stutters after update. Its the only way to simulator without stutters.I hope MFS fix soon. Its not greyed out. I have another issue with quadrant Thrustmaster every time i do Esc to menu when i return the spoillers are ativacted by itself. Please note i didn’t turned off weather. Weather is real.

Thanks I will try that , sorry to hear you are having other issues with your thrustmaster

1 Like

Ok im waiting for a fix. And good luck!

Thanks , you too :+1:t2: