[BUG LOGGED] My Way Achievement does not unlock

I agree–except that I think it is very sensitive to what constitutes the right spot. There seems to be little tolerance as I tried repeatedly (and failed) with known parking spots. Again good luck and be sure to update with anything you find out.

1 Like

Will do, did you actually do it manually or with AI Pilot?

I flew manually and just used the AI to get the parking right.

Ok, I will report back. Following the thread you did exactly. I see your posts in there lol.

1 Like

Yep, you are not alone in pulling your hair out on that achievement :rofl:.

1 Like

Oh trust me I know that lol.

1 Like

Out of curiosity did you use third person or in flight deck camera options? Or did you flip between both? All of the video tutorials I have seen were done in cockpit and I often switch to third person view.

1 Like

AFIK, I remained in cockpit view while trying to unlock the achievement.

Ok got about 40 minutes of flight left. Wish me luck lol. Appreciate the help!

1 Like

Well that did not turn out well. I landed perfectly, stopped on runway, turned off to contact ground. Requested parking, acknowledged the taxi to parking. The started recording, enabled AI Pilot. Watch for the rest.

I could see my assigned parking off in distance with the marshal standing there lol

1 Like

i have no clue. i got the achievement mid flight during one of the bush trips after SU4.

no clue what triggered it.

proof

LOL, that is even weirder yet, considering it requires parking spot to parking spot lol. Getting it on a Bush Trip seems impossible, but yet I believe you completely LOL

Did you request taxi to parking yourself though? Maybe when you land don’t request it yourself and let the AI do it considering its going to turn AI to ATC anyway. I only tried this way twice and both times my plane went crazy and took off over the grass and crash ha… maybe you’ll have better luck. :slight_smile:

In that video I requested taxi to parking (was following the thread/video instructions). AI never moved plane and just shut it down. I can set one up again and have AI do the taking. Although I believe even if you have AI handle radio during that part, it still makes you put in where it wants to park like taxi to parking vs gate. One of those manual input moments.

Well that is certainly not what I would have expected! I’m afraid I’ve got nothing for that one lol.

I did try it a second time and the AI did park the plane, but I expect in this case I did not get the achievement because the assistance setting for user experience changed to custom due to the AI ATC being enabled with AI Pilot.

I wish I could talk to like 10 people who did this without AI, and data mine their methods to come up with a solid plan lol

1 Like

I seriously have no idea how I got mine to pop, me thinks it’s part random, part luck, part game having pity on you because you’ve spend countless hours of your life on an achievement. After doing some investigation I think this one relies on a perfectly parked plane at the end (correct me if I’m wrong). It’s frustrating to say the least. I was completely lucky in getting mine to pop after what felt like 50+ tries

1 Like

This one is definitely broken now. I have tried every combination of a 300 mile flight with all true to life settings.

Gate to gate, gate to parking, parking to gate, parking to parking, GPS, IFR, AI pilot, no AI pilot, the list goes on after, about 15 attempts.

3 Likes

Hey the title says “Bug Logged” now, does that means there is hope of a fix?

1 Like