[BUG LOGGED] No wind gusts for Live Weather, broken for both PC and Xbox

I’m the OP and it’s fine with me to combine the topics. I’m not sure what the process is to make that happen, but it’s fine with me.

3 Likes

I am not sure on the process either. I would start with a PM to the other thread owner and to one of the moderators.

Do you know of any other topics that has combined? Can we still talk specifically about the gusts or will this be the thermals topic after it is combined?

I can’t predict how Asobo will address those deficiencies.

But what I know is that, unless people start working together, the chances are high that no one gets what they aim for.

1 Like

Yes i totally agree. Just that this is an issue in issue thread the other is a wish in wishlist thread. They maybe announce the thermals in the next Q&A with gliders then this topic is in the thermals wish that get released next year. I hope it get fixed though. Hope it helps it to get fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gotcha! I’ll PM you.

Just checked. They really have broken the icing. I wonder whether they are able to fix a thing without breaking anything. I think it’s time for me to stop giving this buggy arcade another chance.

1 Like

I wouldn’t combine the threads to be honest. I think the gust problem will get burried under the thermals and up/downdraft threads. Right now we have a single thread that’s alive and the devs can see it.
In the thermals and up/downdraft thread they already said that the devs ignored their votes and it didn’t get acknowledged in the feedback snapshot.

But hey, it’s your thread OP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you want to play around with gusts i found a trick that helps in the meantime we waiting for the real fix. I think this is actually realistic in my opinion. Maybe they fixed something in the thermals thats why we felt some adjustments to the gusts when wu6 released. I think we should look for hightemps with high winds in the future to get some challenge.

Try it and tell me what you think about it. I had a hard time landing with higher temps i can tell you.

This is not a fix for the broken gusts in liveweather or custom weather though because if it’s gusts reported on the METAR it should be Gusts that high or if we put in a gust value in the custom weahter it should inject that value in the sim nothing else.

I wanted you to know to be able to have some fun while landing in the meantime we wait for the real fix.

This is me landing with same settings wind 16kts gusts 24kts just increase of the temp to 45,5. High temps i know i just want to show the difference. Sorry for the bad landing, it was much harder and thats good. Look at the airspeed i almost stalled at the end.

As you said it is not a fix.

Difficult to say where these turbulences come from. Thermals should be indicated by the VSI and the airspeed indicator. The VSI is not in view so it is hard to say. The airspeed indicator is unrealistically stable. For comparison look at the airspeed indicator in the original IRL video above.

2 Likes

Yes i know, i think it made it little more unpredicted than before though and that the wind speed changes more on ground than before. Hope they will fix the issue soon.

Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.

I discussed this with perrry off-line to get his thoughts since he has contributed SO much to this topic/thread. He really has put a lot of time and effort into it, so I think of him as
Co-owner😊

Let’s leave it as it is, as a standalone topic.

4 Likes

Good. Fair enough. I respect your decision.

2 Likes

In custom weather it should look like this when you change the gusts because it did when MSFS got released.

windgusts

After “sim update 4” it look like this and nothing happens to the gusts when we change those settings anymore

This is what we demand to be fixed because it’s broken right now

I hope it’s a good choice :slight_smile:

I think it’s good because it’s in different threads. Thermals is a wish and we already know that gliders will get released probably next year and gliders not work without thermals. This feature we already have but it’s broken and we has no clue when it gets fixed thats why i think it’s better to have it as a standalone topic. This issue is top 5 in the weather-issue category too. Thats not bad in my opinion.

sedona landing challenge 1 year ago

sedona landing challenge 6 months ago

sedona landing challenge now was not that good of a score though and sorry for the camera movements :rofl:

I miss the gusts! I think it’s alittle bit to much in the first one though over ground on the runway it’s fine. Now we have nothing as you can see in the latest video.

1 Like

It’s not too much in the first vid, it’s rather wrong. The aircraft should be banking left and right.

1 Like

yes, thought of that too. Why isn’t it do that? Is it a kind of limit to not change flightpath? I think it’s much better than how it is now. Good you correct me if i’m wrong about something. I have no experience from real flying :slight_smile: Just winds on ground level or a passenger in the air :rofl:

1 Like

My only assumption is that they couldn’t have done it correctly. For now, imo, only XPL nails it at some extent.

1 Like