Shimmering/AA downgrade since SU5 (in-game, not menus/overlays)

I am very excited if they will talk about the “shimmer problem” in the live Q & A next week. Hopefully we get some answers🙏

1 Like

That’s good to hear.

I finally pulled the trigger and reinstalled the sim yesterday. The reinstall did clean up some issues (I was still getting the start in safe mode error for example, despite having long emptied by community folder; I would also get some texture flickering that now seems to be largely gone).

But the fundamental issue with shimmering (running, squirming jagged lines on horizontal edges [including buildings and mountainous horizons) is still present.

2 Likes

Im pretty sure they wont on their own accord. Maybe if enough people bring it up in the chat

1 Like

I watched some recent footage and every video shows the same problem, which makes me wonder, why this topic is not more prominent. The issue is clearly visible. I hope we can expect some sort of fix in SU6 but it could be helpful if this topic gets more upvotes.

4 Likes

We have to ask tomorrow in the live Q & A when they will fix the shimmer bug.

2 Likes

So the Q&A is on Sept 29?

Where is the live q&a hosted? Youtube?

Its on Twitch

1 Like

I will certainly be tuning in with keen interest… I’m looking forward to seeing the response after plenty of silence.

1 Like

Alright fellas, remember to ask during the Q&A.

1 Like

don’t forget to ask guys

2 Likes

Im ready to ask!

2 Likes

What a disgraceful Q&A, mods kept deleting simmers questions. It’s censorship at this point.
I’m very upset with the way it was conducted.

2 Likes

seb said that apparently they can’t fix the shimmer on buildings because of technology, ■■■ …

Seb has acknowledged that he can see the bug at a render scale of 50, but that they usually don’t find videos to be that reliable to show the shimmer, so what he does is he needs to call his team over to view his monitor directly to confirm the issue. I’d gladly pay an airline ticket to have an FS Dev come over to my house and see this first hand if that means it’ll be worked on.

2 Likes

As far as I understand they are not going to fix it in short term even they don’t consider this as a major issue ? Did I hear correct ?

i think so, sadly

It’s unfortunate that Jorg didn’t believe the AA was broken to begin with. Seb stepped in and helped remove a bit of the fog but it wasn’t enough.

1 Like

I really feel ignored after seeing many peoples’ complaints are dismissed. Giving positivity and pumping hopes doesnt change the reality. WE HAVE AA SHIMMER BUG ! Wheter you accept or no Mr.Devoloper !

2 Likes

when he read my question (after many comments, thanks god that he saw it), he was like suprised or he didn’t understand the fact that AA is seriously broken, seb answered but it’s like they can’t fix this issue. They aren’t able to detect it.