[BUG LOGGED] TCA Quadrant & AddOn problem with SU5

same issue with eng no1…also get CTDs after ‘click to fly’ in A32NX fbw. removed aircraft and have not had a CTD but the eng no1 and mapping/calibration issues persist…

The issue is solved by removing all bindings to the engine switches, except set engine 1 fuel valve and set engine 2 fuel valve for buttons 3 and 4 respectively.

1 Like

So, what you’re saying is to map only fuel valve and not the other two (don’t recall the other two things mapped to each of button 3 and 4)?

Not working for me. The switches starts to shake up and down and the engines doesnt start.

That solved the issue regarding the selection with the mouse! Thanks dflight8685! Now it seems I only have to wait for the Thrustmaster Airbus issue, that has no way workaround by now!

When i set it to joystick it isnt the throttle quadrant ?

Same here no engine 1 , what a mess !

1 Like

I resolved by doing the following:

3 Likes

Been playing around with some of the other aircraft and found some other issues that the button 3 problem has raised.

I tried some of the landing challenges that used twin jets or twin props and found the engines failed as soon as the flight launched if engine 1 was switched on.

I have gone through a couple of the profiles I created earlier for them and the CRJ and either unmapping any button 3 assignment or just leaving it switched off can work.

The profiles had also lost the gear mapping I set to the lower right button too (forget the number).

The profile assignments don’t seem to open up like they used to and the reset for the sensitivity curves doesn’t work too.

Definitely something odd has happened to the mapping. Still need to go through the other aircraft and the profiles I set up for them and do a bit more investigation.

Also on the subject of button 3, when you are flying ESC will pause the flight and take you onto the settings menus as before. However, unlike before, where you just pressed ESC again to go back to the flight you now need to use button 3 or the mouse to click on RETURN on the bottom menu.

2 Likes

The A320’s altitude AP doesn’t trigger when you click the mouse, nor the speed AP, which used to be triggered with a down arrow, does anyone know what to do?

Same problems as all above. Major MSFS fan until today, now going to X Plane 11 as they have destroyed MSFS for XBOX kids.

1 Like

Same issue here…

The problem is that the default binding is both using Toggle and Set to the same switch. Even looking at it the first time it’s easy to tell that is going to cause problems.

So remove the Toggle, because the engine switch on the TCA quadrant is a Switch, not a button. “Toggle” is for buttons, “Set” is for switches. Double binding them together is problematic.

So just remove the Toggle commands and you should be good.

10 Likes

Removing the toggle worked for me. It works the same as before no can start and shut down the engine.
Strange though it’s only an issue on engine 1 and not on both…

2 Likes

Does anyone who use the TCA got mouse disappearing problem too?

My mouse seems to be disappearing all the time and snapping back to 11 o clock position ( top left of the screen )

Yes, happens for me too! If you leave the mouse alone for a while it will go and hide in the top left corner and has to be dragged back. It happens with all aircraft.

Also if you need to repeatedly click on the same position on one of the controls or in the checklist it will stop working after a few clicks unless you move the mouse a bit then it will come back again.

1 Like

I just edited the switch for engine 1, now it is working as it should. Many thanks to all who worked this out.

Quadrant not working for jets here. Tried deleting the profile and creating a new one but it just ignores the assignments.

1 Like

Do anyone else have the starter/Engine crank switch working? Mine is not.
Also the autobreak switch is not working.

3 Likes

Sadly, lots of people are having the same issue.