[BUG LOGGED] Tree draw distance reverted back to pre-SU5?

Yeah, I’ve been reading up on Google. I think I won’t mess with these user config file settings. I don’t want to make matters worse, or potentially cause conflicts on subsequent updates and hot fixes.

i have raised it to 400 and 600, but in Finland where I am flying at the moment, it makes NO difference to the tree draw distance.

Yeah not much difference, not worth the performance drop
TLOD
2.0 = 5nm
5.0 = 7.7nm

It used to be 15nm with 5.0 (and 10nm with 2.0).

yep, this is all such a shame, along with the downgraded clouds, textures, AA, and general lighting, I am really worried we will never get our sim back.

3 Likes

LOL…still not fixed with the recent patch :rofl:

Yep. It’s a becoming a joke. It’s not acceptable, I don’t know how they get away with what they are doing? I presume people are being sacked, in my line of work, heads would have been rolling a long time ago. We have all payed for this product that is constantly being downgraded through either lies or incompetence. It’s not on at all.

1 Like

Why am I not surprised? Seems such a difficult riddle for them that I once more doubt they really know their own engine. Ridiculous

Still nothing from the devs regarding this re-introduced bug, bummer…

It literally says “bug logged” in the title.

1 Like

Tsss 146 votes again…

@Pieter1982NL I’m not used to express criticism like this, but there is nothing new to be logged anywhere, because tree distance wishes have always existed, especially after the Nordic WU. To let Jorg keep his promise, they widened it a little bit for the SU-5 party in july… and now Asobo needs more GPU for the clouds… and tree distance is squeezed back again ? It seems to me, that Asobo is using tree distance as some kind of general tradeoff in regions that have gotten a WU, to tune FpS to meet some compromise performance demand.

Instead… of listening to user wishes for a slider ! That would solve it for everyone. Put the slider to the left, if you want more performance, simple choice… and do not forget to release that tree distance slider for XBox as well. There are no industry standards for FpS in flight simulators. There is no need to protect us against performance loss, we can take these decisions ourselves, when we have a slider.

This is the real topic, providing a real solution…

The fact that it has been logged means that it is under the attention of the dev team. It means they’re aware (again) of this topic and will take action on it. Which kind of action? I don’t know. But fact is this topic hasn’t gone by unnoticed.

Well, by the sheer number of threads where “bug logged” appeared in the last days and weeks, I wonder if this is not simply to silence down users. This bug was fixed after tremendous amount of feedback, most not really positive or nice, otherwise devs would have ignored it (they even first tried to claim that nothing is wrong because they failed to test up north). And now? Again days and weeks no feedback from the devs to a bug once already solved. Sorry, but no, I am not that naive to think that this “bug logged” means anything relevant…

1 Like

Users wished for more transparency and asked if the devs are aware of the issue, as the feedback snapshots mainly show the most voted topics. Therefore additional information on some recent issues were given e.g. with the COMMUNITY TRIAGE UPDATE and the [BUG LOGGED] tag was added in the title to show users that the issue is beeing addressed.

As I do not think that discussing this practice futher, will be constructive, I would recommend to stay on-topic.

Note: This is a personal message and not an official statement.

3 Likes

i couldn’t agree more, i’m tempted to call it sheer incompetence, the amount of deterioration this former sim had is mind boggling.

there is a bug; claim there isn’t; while trying to proof it, accidently show another bug (floating lights) on livestream; then backpedal; promising and partially deliver a fix, wait one update and two hotfixes only to reintroduce the seemingly SAME bug again?
And i’m not even talking about the fact that the middle of germany has NO trees at all!?

when whill Asobo, with an update of any kind, actually fix more bugs than they create with the update? this is beyond frustrating, not merely because of how it looks now, but because of all the stepbacks and how it used to look (and function).

5 Likes

Yeah, this bug is not helping my enjoyment of the Nordics update.

2 Likes

Good news! In todays Q&A by Asobo a fix for the tree issue was announced (topic starts around 10:45)

Apparently trees used too much memory so they had to scale it back, the tree mods proved otherwise.

1 Like

Hope they fix also “latitude tree draw distance” bug, not only increase tree draw distance in general. “Latitude tree draw distance” bug appeared again after the latest update (it was fixed before this update) which maybe means that they use some older branch and forgot to include previous “latitude tree draw distance” fix to it.

1 Like

Trees load in blocks off in the distance.

It would be nice if there were two types of trees rendered; the individual trees (as it is today) and a generic “Tree canopy” that would be one object that loads off in the distance that takes the general shape of the forest’s extent. That way it could look the same but use way less memory

5 Likes