[BUG LOGGED] Tree draw distance reverted back to pre-SU5?

The new “Ultra” settings.

6 Likes

Draw distance on Xbox series X was a good 5nm further than what can be seen in these images pre WU6.

And performance was absolutely fine

:face_vomiting:

Update:

Flew in Alaska last night and pop in was very minimal with regards to trees.

However, UK is still very bad.

Must be related to location?

It’s not about pop in but how far trees are drawn. it used to be 10nm before WU6 but it’s half in WU6. I checked South America yesterday and it was as bad as in Finland over there, so location does not seem to matter now like @bijanstudio said.

3 Likes

That’s fair enough. Hopefully they fix it back to pre update

Glad I found this thread, I have voted as it is affecting me as well. I tried to increase my Terrain LOD but that caused a CTD. This 5nm tree draw distance is a bloody joke. How do they keep screwing this up???

3 Likes

At high latitude it is particularly pathetic.

LOD 400 and LOD 200:

4 Likes

my shot was Finland, half way between EFJY and EFVA @ 7000’ All settings ULTRA and LOD200

1 Like

Same issue here but I can’t vote because of limit

1 Like

Absolutely unbelievable… After that much discussions and feedback the last time this issue generated, one could assume that at least this would have been on top priority to be tested before releasing WU6, no? Obviously Asobo still has not the single bit of clue how to perform proper QA… All over again we have to hope that devs recognize this and put a fix in the next hotfix… facepalm and shaking heads is not sufficient anymore to express what I think about those updates…

1 Like

Asobo patch notes for su5 tress draw distance fixed for good
wu6 hold my beer

3 Likes

At least this bug is logged now. There´s hope on the horizon.

Does bug logged mean we can expect the problem to be addressed in the next hotfix?

Dont know. It means the Dev are aware of this bug. The only question is…when can we expect a solution? maybe next hotfix, maybe next year. Who knows :sweat_smile:

True words. I hope it can be fixed quite fast as the devs released the second hotfix soon after SU5, which totally broke the draw distance (again).

I´ll keep my fingers crossed as well. in the meantime you can raise the Terrain LOD in usersConfig by hand. It´s not an ideal situation, but better than nothing. I´ve set mine to 400,this seems to be the sweet spot for my system.

1 Like

That also solves the terrain morphing issue, so why not?

You’re right. But sometimes I feel like I’ve been teleported back to those glorious FSX days, with 40% of my flight time being trying to find a way around these bugs, another 40% testing, and 20% just to enjoy the Sim at all . I thought that could be over in 2021
Well,some things will never change eh?

Tree LOD? What tree LOD? This is Amazon (LOD 2.0):