Have you used Developer Mode?
Yes
PC Specs:
10850k/RTX3080/Reverb G2
Aircraft:

Area of the World / Flight Plan:

Airport (If applicable):

Feedback/Bug Description:
Loaded into VR and was getting fantastic frame rates, but it appears motion blur is enabled by default in VR and can’t be disabled via the menu. I have verified it is enabled in usercfg.opt.

Motion blur in VR %100 ruins VR for me. Would prefer an option in game to disable or for it to be disabled by default

:yellow_circle: Optional

[ ] Multiplayer session or [ ] solo flight

Multiplayer settings: [ ] Live Players [ ] All Players [ ] Group Only

Weather settings:

3rd party addons you were using at the time:

Server: [ ] East USA [ ] North Europe [ ] West USA [ ] West Europe [ ] SE Asia

Peripherals:
Reverb G2

Was this enabled previously? There were some other reports of general bad display when turning your head so I bet it is related to this? Can it be turned off in the config file?

There has never been an option to enable/disable previously. Some weeks ago I did experiment with enabling it in the config file for VR because I was curious what the experience would be. I immediately reverted back to 0 because it was so terrible in VR. I immediately knew what was wrong as soon as I loaded into VR today.

I noticed that motion blur was also enabled by default in the PC settings as well…

That being said, 30 seconds into my run at the BIIS landing challenge after disabling and reloading into the sim… I CTD’d…

Oh , so this is exactly what i reported in the other thread, it’s really bad for me too when turning my head. They’ll fix it I’m sure

Can you point me in the direction of the config file and where it can be enabled/disabled?

Can confirm motion blur is effecting VR and can’t be turned off. Horrible when you move your head. I had to come off the flight as it was too much. It was enabled by default in the 2d settings so I turned this off hoping it would effect VR (as no motion blur option exists in VR menu) but it made no difference.

Hoping a fix is found as can’t test this build in VR currently.

should be located at : C:\Users<your user>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Open UserCfg.opt with notepad

Scroll down to section for “GraphicsVR”

Find “MotionBlur”

Set the Enabled flag to 0

Save and restart the sim…

Note that there are 2 “MotionBlur” in the file… one for PC, one for VR… the 2nd one should be the VR settings

8 Likes

Thanks for the tip I’ll try that now.

Awesome, I just did it :slight_smile: will test , I also disabled DOF since it was set to 1 as well for VR

1 Like

Not only did it work, I’m now at a steady 36+ fps with mostly high and Ultra settings. :slight_smile:
I still have the artifacts on the horizon but everything else is smoother and looking good for me now.

1 Like

motion blur on for me too - deactivated it in the file. thanks

this is off-topic, I hope the mods don’t mind but: what did you set the render scale + res in openxr to? I don’t notice a big difference between Medium/High/Ultra settings. The important settings are scale and resolution

Can’t confirm this, for me, the option is turned off by default.

Can confirm after modifying the UserCfg.opt file, motion blur is now disabled.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. That blur has to be an unintended “feature” :sneezing_face:

Turned on also here by default, must manualy set to 0 again. Menue option should be available as not everyone want to edit buried deep config files.

1 Like

Oh boy thank you! It was driving me crazy. :crazy_face:
At least I now know that motion blur in VR is a bad idea.
I’m gonna try that right now!

Looks like Lens Flare is On also… must be disabled in usercfg also.

Looks like some VR stuff has been reverted back to original VR release…

@NumberNumber481 , This fixed my FPS issues in VR. i gained 5-7FPS with editing the config file to ensure Motion blur was off for VR.

Great Pick up!!

CPU: intel 10700k No OC
GPU: RTX 3070 drv - 471.11
RAM: 64gb @ 2933mhz
WIN: 10, All current patches (HAGS on , Game Mode Off)
VR: Oculus Quest 2 over link cable, PTC builds of Oculus Apps
VR OTT: FOV .72/.75, ASW Off, Resolution 1952x2048 in MSFS (AVG Medium Settings)

1 Like