Xbox/PC screens go black then CTD

i have a problem with screens too

A possible workaround is to save and reload the flight in cruise. You’ll have to turn on active pause to give you a few mins to setup your autopilot and mcdu again but i can confirm once you do this at some stage in the flight it seems to prevent it happening going forward. It can be done after the bug happens or before as a preventative measure, you decide!

I usually do it 3/4 way into a flight so I’ve less waypoints to add into the mcdu. I redo my STAR information and then toggle active pause to off and the aircraft will adjust accordingly. Onward to destination with no annoying avionics bug occuring. It’s a strange one but it works

1 Like

So if you reload at say as you’re descending just before star, the bug doesn’t occur?

Yes i usually do it 2 or 3 waypoints from the destination. Less to re enter into the mcdu then only those 2 or 3 waypoints and the STAR itself. Active Pause is very handy for this

1 Like

Good to know, i’ll try this workaround !

From my Xbox experience I have another bug which occur when I want to forward during an flight (by selecting cruise or descent for example), the plane just go crazy, flipping like hell, then crash
 :frowning:

Frankly they disappoint. Almost a month

6 Likes

Hello everyone. I have the same problem. Just after four hours of flight, all the displays went out, but the other systems continued to work.

And sorry for my english, i‘m a german guy ^^

1 Like

alright thanks, I’ll give it a try!

1 Like

Try saving then reloading your flight while in cruise or close to the latter part of cruise phase. Then active pause while you set up the autopilot and flight plan onboard. Seems to stop the avionics dying when on your approach. It restarts your flight time etc but seems to prevent it happening.

1 Like

I hope this get fixed next update cuz is impossible to make long flights without this happening. :confused:

1 Like

Ur so right! I Just fly only the a320n impossible

Same here, yesterday, it works, today not

1 Like

just save your flight every 20 mins or so, literally type “quicksave” everytime so it just saves over last save, instead of having 10 saves per flight. And then if avionics switch off go to menu and reload your last “quicksave” or alternatively I find this bug plagues me during descent and landing so I just do another quicksave while descending above transitional level (around 18,000 ft), and reload it, and it won’t turn off your avionics. I don’t believe there is a fix at the moment, so this is your best bet. Make sure you just turn active pause from the toolbar to make sure your auto-pilot is set up. The major issue of reloading your flight is that ATC will kinda bug out and go beserk, atc will continue in active pause, so either just ignore it or turn it off. Sometimes atc will make you ignore previous instructions, i.e. if you’re descending to 15,000 feet, they’ll ask you to climb up to FL260, only for you to descend back down to 10,000 a few moments later.

1 Like

Is anyone having an issue with the a320 on Xbox? It seems it happens to me after about 2 hours of flying that all the screens just turn off and then I can’t seem to get them back on which results in me having to end the flight which is really annoying.

2 Likes

Happens to every airplane for me!

2 Likes

Have you run out of fuel perhaps? Two hours sound about right for the default amount of fuel the game gives you. Keep an eye on the FOB (fuel on board) display on the upper center display and go to “Weight & Balance” before the flight or in the inflight toolbar or, if you’re really patient, call a fuel truck on the ground. fuelplanner.com and simbrief.com (I’m sure there are others) help a lot.

No I always make sure I have another fuel like. I do start with 50% fuel which I know is default and its not like the engines cut off because they still run.

Turn off the scenery cache. Had no problems for past 3 flight.
Also make sure that you reload Flight Sim fresh before every flight.

I’m also having this issue, emailed support to ask and the solution they sent back doesn’t work . They say it’s battery simulation yet their solutions don’t work and now I’m just not getting a response which is annoying. Fed up of wasting my time on a flight just for it to all fall apart

2 Likes

What solution did they give you? I hope it does get fixed because it is annoying