Bugs bugs bugs

So far these are some of the bugs I have encountered, if you any of you have found similar issues please upvote

Cessna Citation CJ4:

• AP turns off during flight
  • AP cannot follow VOR or LOC paths correctly

Cessna 172:

• MFD turns off
  • AUTO MIXTURE cannot be turned off during flight it corrects automatically resulting in poor aircraft performance at altitude
    -No AP features work, it simply banks down to the left and trims all the way in correction resulting in stall and crash if not turned off immediately
  • during startup alternator turns off and leaves C172 not able to turn on

Diamond DA-40
-NO AP features work, same issue as 172 banks all the way left and correct with full trim up

JMB Aviaton VL-3

• both PFD and MFD turn off during flight

MFD AND PFD:

These issues seem to have a lot in common as I have had each one of my MFD OR PFDS turn off during flight. Most notably in the VL3 as both turned off and were not able to return on. In all other planes at least 1 or 2 screens are turned black, and in the A320 NEO specifically the PFD turns and to reset it one must turn up the brightness.

AP:

As someone who enjoys using autopilot in the CJ4 and other larger planes to fly relatively and safely, I find these bugs extremely frustrating. No plane has a fully working autopilot, I have found glitches in every one so far.

Conclusion:

All of these glitches and bugs are extremely frustrating and result in a lack of enjoyment as nothing works really correctly. Most of these bugs have come from the last update in my opinion however, we can not stop reporting these bugs until these aircraft work the way they should. Some paid 70$ some paid up to 150$ for this game and it is unfair and unjust to leave the stock planes that don’t work well.

1 Like

Hey WarriorPeru welcome to the forum!

Separate issue-specific posts would be helpful, better yet find existing posts and vote on them. As it stands you’re effectively asking people to vote for “bugs bug bugs”. I think you need to hire a better campaign manager.

2 Likes

Brother, It would have been A LOT more helpful if instead of taking the time for making this list and hoping to be voted, you used the search tool and voted yourself the already existent posts. I mean, there are many posts already asking for votes, for the same problems you stated. Now the original posts won’t have your votes and your post will never get the same amount of votes the original posts already have. It is an infinite loop, not your fault, the voting system just doesn’t work as intended.

3 Likes

Thanks for that info man I honestly didn’t know, I was only able to vote a couple of times with a limit so wasn’t sure if that was the best way to get the info out or this. I have just been rather frustrated with the game like all of us, and wasn’t sure what the best way of going Reporting the bugs where. I’ll continue to upvote the issues I see, thanks for letting me know.

3 Likes

Actually search would have been key, as workarounds for some of those issues have already been found.

Its farcical that we have to vote for the issues that we’d like MS to resolve.

It helps Asobo gauge what is most important to their customers. It doesn’t mean they will do things in the order we want, but it gives them feedback. For example, the “Press any key to continue” is marked as “Fixed”, and coming in Patch #747-8-intercontinent

If people hadn’t voted for this, it likely wouldn’t have happened.

yeah, and the critical bugs and issues are not emerging. Just watch the priority list according to the community, the “hit fly button” is at the top of the list, I mean, we all can live with that. Is that really that critical? It is not our fault, it is the voting system that doesn’t work. Some people can communicate better, some others start a new post asking for the same old things, many important requests get lost in the hundreds of requests. It just doesn’t work mate. The system is working like youtube, great channels are ignored because they are not having exposure and the cr_ap comes to the surface because.

Yeah, my point is that it doesn’t reflect the “community”. a feature request gets 2K votes, or a bit more. MSFS has around 60 million users. I appreciate the button thing, but there are more critical bugs no body votes, not because they are not important to others necessarily.

I get that guys , but months and months of Alpha and Beta testing and we have a product released where we have unrealistic flight dynamics , autopilots that don’t work , weather that doesn’t work etc … My point is - why are we having to vote for these basic elements , if nobody picked these up in two rounds of testing then there are some serious issues.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree with that. I am wondering if they understand we all want a working game. I don’t care about good looking clouds at the moment really, I don’t care about Japan, I don’t care about the UI or the missions. I just want to play a full flight without a CTD. They know that we all want that right? (the CTD part at least)

3 Likes

That’s exactly my point - so many of the basic functionality isn’t working and we are give an update on Japanese scenery. And quite honestly, my sim is more buggy now than before the update.

3 Likes

In what way? The votes are made by the “community”. Kanye West said it best. :wink:

I see what you are saying, but we can only work within the framework we have. And to be honest, the blame is entirely on the users that cannot be bothered to run a simple forum search for an existing bug/wishlist thread, that matches their particular gripe, and adding their vote to that.

Instead, they don’t bother to search, and usually end up posting some very lengthy, rambling rant. All that typing, when a search would have meant less keystrokes, and a simple click on the vote button.

Now that does reflect the community, sadly. :pensive:

2 Likes

Yeah, ( I hate writing yeah after every comment lol)
I mean, when we have 1 million users, 2K or 3K votes will never reflect the community wishes, it only reflects what the people logging in to the forum wants, but 3K votes are like 0.3% of the community. That is it.

I have others, for example, there are hundreds of bug fix requests that will never see the sunlight, they are lost in the myriad of requests, this is not necessarily because they are bad fix request, but maybe because the dude that wrote the request is really bad at writing or communicating stuff, maybe he doesn’t know how to express ideas, maybe he can’t keep up with so many requests coming up every day. Some guys have written to me asking for votes even, a time-consuming task.

If I wanted to vote something, first I would see the request at the beginning, then I would have to spend hours searching and reading what the guys wanted to really ask (as you said, lengthy, rambling rant, etc).

There are more things to consider, I don’t want to make a text wall :frowning:

Hey sorry for hijacking your post.

1 Like

I thought this same thing, I was extremely excited for the release but if they weren’t totally ready it should have stayed in alpha and beta until everything was solved and fully playable. I saw someone else’s forum posts that they’re worried the team will leave the stock buggy aircraft and kind of hand that responsibility to third party developers but part of the price we paid for is to have those stock basic aircraft work as they should.

3 Likes

I’m curious, where do you get 60,000,000 users from?

Well, the default planes will remain default planes. They will fix it at some point, I don’t believe it is a priority for them right now. They fix plane systems here and there, but it doesn’t look like a consistent effort in fixing planes/systems. I would say the same for the CTD bugs. I see intents of fixing stuff, but I don’t see a real commitment into fixing stuff to make the game a bit more stable. At least judging by the updates and the patches. It’s an opinion of course

1 Like

I recalled wrong, it was 1 Mill. I should find an english source but I am too lazy

here

2 Likes

Ah okay, I was a little shocked and impressed by that earlier figure :slight_smile:

@WarriorPeru, I am writing a full-blown reply to this thread. It will probably take me five or so minutes. In the meantime, welcome to the forums.

1 Like