Bugs with controller profiles after Sim Update 10 (unable to control aircraft with VKB Gunfighter)

Since Sim Update 10 went live, I’m having an odd issue with my main joystick, a VKB Gunfighter Mk 3 with MCG Ultimate grip. I have a well-established control profile for the stick that I have used for about a year, but after the update, none of the functions of that profile that control aircraft systems are functional. That includes things like releasing parking breaks but also basic aileron and elevator functionality. Buttons that switch to VR or change views do still work. My Virpil rudder pedals and X52 throttle do still work to control aircraft systems. Further, in the controls menus, all buttons and axes are recognized. I suspect a disconnect between the control profile an the aircraft itself.

To further troubleshoot, I tried creating a new profile. That does allow the VKB Gunfighter to control aircraft systems. But using the duplicate function creates a new profile that does not work. It is possible that there is some sort of glitch with my main profile that Sim Update 10 brought out. I will probably rebuild my profile, which isn’t a huge problem, but there might be something deeper going on.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes.

Brief description of the issue:

See main post. While using my pre-existing controller profile, the controller cannot control any aircraft systems or axes. It can control user interface functions and the everything shows up in the controller page. A new profile also works. Other controllers work to control aircraft systems.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not applicable.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Try to use joystick to control aircraft systems with my existing profile.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

The specific joystick is a VKB Gunfighter Mk 3 base with an MCG Ultimate Grip.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Post Sim Update 10

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

For those curious, I did create a new profile, and it’s working fine. Something must have been corrupted in the old profile with SU 10, but I’m having a hard time figuring out what that could be.

1 Like

Hi Kreutzberg

I have had similar problems with the Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick and Throttle + AirBrakes/Flaps Quadrant.
In fact, I have had to renew every Profile for the Sidestick and Throttle quadrant as I use the Sim.

It looks like every Profile I have for all aircraft will have to be deleted and recreated as I go!

Basically, I have started again creating new Profiles from " Default ", I have made my own “default” profile that only includes the likes of Top hat Views, Ribbon, nameplates, trim etc, which can be used in all Aircraft.

I have only re-done the Cessna 172 and FBW just to get back up in the air.

List of problems caused by update

Sidestick, over 20-30 kts I was unable to steer to the left, if I slowed down it came back and worked at slow speed.

Quadrant, Flap level and airbrakes decided not to function at all.

I recalibrated EVERYTHING again and it made no difference, The only way I returned all the functions was to create new profiles. ( Functions in control panel showed everything working but I had to try calibration)

So I think I will be deleting 15 or more tonight.

P.S. This also occurred in one or two of the previous updates, but this time it seems to have affected some of the Thrustmaster hidden / firmware settings, rather than just the odd button change.

1 Like

I looked at a few more saved Profiles last night, such as the 747 that was created before SU10 and I loaded them up and applied & saved.

This is what I found

1, When I test the movement, all the Axis Animations remain fixed.

2, All the Buttons linked to the axis light up as normal.

3, If I jump in and operate the aircraft in the sim the Axis still move the Flaps etc.

4, Alternatively sometimes the Axis Levers don’t work on all the selected surfaces or throttles etc.

5, To correct the faults, creating a new Profile is the only answer!

I have had no problems with any of my Hardware settings for months, until the last update 10

Im having the same issue except it doesn’t even allow me to make custom inputs. It sees the VKB gunfighter mk3 and my VIRPIL CM3 throttle. But won’t even allow me to make any bindings.

Was not an issue with other sticks like TMWH etc.

Im really frustrated as I simply don’t understand how to make the game allow me to put inputs.

When my honey comb setup is plugged in, no issues at all.

Has anyone had any luck?