[Build 1.27.14.0] VR Panels Still Not Remembering Position and Size

Ok here’s the thing it’s AN OLD BUG that has been reported in the past and not dealt with. It is not new to SU10, the mods have closed other threads dealing with old bugs but missed this one.

That’s the point I’m trying to make to you, I’m obviously hopeful it’ll get fixed but there are other pressing VR bugs from past builds that need just as much attention.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/toolbar-windows-are-narrow-and-dont-remember-their-position/511042/59

An example of what I’m referring too, notice the mods closed the thread and linked to the original;

I don’t want it to get to a state where we have to continuously report old bugs in new beta periods for them to get noticed, that doesn’t help anyone (certainly not the mods!).

1 Like

This thread is just about [Build 1.27.11.0 (current as of this post)] VR Panels Still Not Remembering Position and Size in SU10 Beta, I really can’t be much clearer than that.

Why don’t you just start another thread with your issues about the simulator that is not beta related, I think you will have more of an audience to make your point to Microsoft or whoever.

1 Like

If you read further up the chain of this thread they attempted to fix the issue with this beta but only the width of the panel when opened was fixed that is why this feed brought it to their attention and they logged it as ‘bug-logged’ for the SU10 Beta thread.

Below is that info.

1 Like

Ok or seems we’re not in the same page :slightly_smiling_face:

No problem.

SU10 officially will be between 22-26 so we are closing, do you know something about the next beta of beta :blush: ? I hope it will be fixed this time to check it.

I have updated the topic title again to show that the latest SU10 Beta build 1.27.13.0 still has not resolved the issue with the VR panels…

2 Likes

It would, at first glance, appear to be such a minor issue… but for anyone that flies in VR it’s a HUGE issue. It was literally the first thing I checked after updating today.

It’s soooo frustrating. Especially given the fact that it is a regression. I understand that things break… this is a monster of a program and I have nothing but respect for the men and women who work on this amazing sim… but for crying out loud… when something so obvious is pointed out by your community, get someone on it right away and put it back to the way it was. IT WILL BE 1 YEAR IN NOVEMBER since this was broken with the release of SU7…

9 Likes

Right! I feel the same. This is (and was!) the first priority to solve it, Im surprised that Asobo/MS broke this very important function for VR users and didnt solve it yet even in any „hotfix” after 1-2 weeks (like it should be) when people noticed it when SU7 was officially released. Really strange. Im not sure what his VR team did in this time, looks like they are too lazy or they didnt notice any issue, LOL! This is example very bad approach to customers and fans or very (really) poor knowladge what people use it when they use VR mode in MSFS and how important function it is.
We are very close to release of SU10, near 2 weeks only and I dont see any improvements as well (or official news). Just the topic (with the biggest quantity of votes in this corner) recived „bug logged”. Whats going on? Remember also that they have now big break between the last SU9. Im affraid that I will be VERY disappointed AGAIN like it was with the latest Sim Updates.

:frowning:

1 Like

This thread is for a specific bug in SU10 Beta.

If you want to criticise or rant about Microsoft/Asobo or the developers please start your own thread where you can discus with like minded users to get the attention of the department/personnel you seek. They will not find your displeasure of the sim with the current topic title of this thread.

This thread is just about VR Panels Still Not Remembering Position and Size in SU10 Beta.

Also this thread is to help inform others about this very specific bug.

1 Like

I don’t know how many more times VR users will be ignored… So frustrating.

1 Like

that’s exactly what I wrote about this particular bug, its existing from SU7, SU8, SU9 and now SU10 beta …

1 Like

… exactly … :frowning:

1 Like

This thread is just about VR Panels Still Not Remembering Position and Size in SU10 Beta.

If you read further up the chain of this thread they attempted to fix the issue with this beta but only the width of the panel when opened was fixed that is why this feed brought it to their attention and they logged it as ‘bug-logged’ for the SU10 Beta thread.

Below is that info.

The fix was attempted with SU10 Beta.

If you want to talk about SU7, SU8 or SU9 please start a different thread.

1 Like

I’ve just noticed that the mod ‘Shift+Z Stats’ remembers it’s position, but it’s the only one. All the others with regular Windows that can be closed via the X don’t remember their position, so maybe there’s a clue for the Devs.

I have another update for devs too;

If the panel is bind to a key (in my case V for map or something else), instead of closing it with X, toggling the key to close and open it seems to be working and the panel remembers it position/state.

This is different, when you use the hotkey, the window position is not altered simply because it is hidden and not closed, this has it’s own downsides, ie. it can prevent interactions with anything behind it, unless you property close it using the toolbar button.

Navigraph, sky4sim and many other third party tools use the same method.

Now the behavior is different when you use the key binding for the default ATC window for example, this one properly closes the window instead of just hiding it.

Hi All,

Please also go to the Sim Update 10 Beta Release Note Testing thread and contribute to the release note item as well and fill out the temple to give this issue maximum visibility to the developers.

Here is the link:
[162.5] Fixed In-game panel size in VR

Thanks.

1 Like

if it can help the devs, this very annoying behaviour started showing off since Beta SU8 as part of a more complex bug that was “partially” resolved at the time, but since then, Toolbar panels positions where never memorized by the sim anymore if they are closed and reopened.

Here is the original bug report thread dating back to Feb 10