BuilderLogError.txt is a nice feature but also kind of useless

Since SU5, I have a file in my MSFS folder called BuilderLogError.txt. It updates itself with every start of MSFS. Which is nice as it shows me that something’s going wrong. But the only content of the file is:

Could not open file.
Could not open file.
Could not open file.
Could not open file.
Could not open file.
Could not open file.
Could not open file.
Could not open file.
Could not open file.
Could not open file.
Could not open file.
Could not open file.

Which on the other hand is kind of useless. Cause I don’t know, what scenery (or else) makes problems. It would be nice if MSFS would populate this file with a bit more information (e.g. which file), so I can narrow down the addon/mod which is causing this.

We could find out by running a copy of ProcessMonitor, and see what files are being accessed that are generating errors.

You know, I brought back my sim to vanilla state. Only MSFS stuff (prem deluxe), no addon, nothing in community and no marketplace stuff. And it is still generating the BuilderLogError.txt on launch. There must be something wrong with MSFS core files.

1 Like

Nice one. BuilderLogError.txt now (after SU6) shows a bit more information. In my case:

Could not open file: 'SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_103Solo_SmallWheels\model\103solo_cockpit.xml'
Could not open file: 'SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_103Solo_SmallWheels\model\103solo_cockpit.xml'

it’s probably Asobo’s bad to force download and install a livery for an airplane that a user doesn’t own, hence the builderlogerror.txt entries.

it’s a new feature tho with SU:6 that this error log file has an explanation for what it couldn’t open which makes life easier for the end user to solve the isssue.

trying deleting the Asobo 103solo livery from the content manager has got a high potential of fixing the error log.

Yeah, I just was happy that you can actually get some information out of the log now.