Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

Since the last patch for 1.9.3.0, I have noticed that all buildings that are generated by the AzureKI no longer correspond to reality at all. Buildings that are bungalows, gas stations or two to three story buildings suddenly turn into skyscrapers of over 20 floors or such other funny, incomprehensible building heights, what is Microsoft doing there? do you have such mistakes? This error does not exist in all 3D photo buildings, only where the AzureKI is doing its work it can no longer be seen, under 1.8.3.0 or earlier, in the beta and alpha phase all information was largely correct

Fix an old bug, create a new one. The new update clearly shows what happens if you suddenly do without the help of a large number of “beta testers” and make the consumer an involuntary beta tester. This is not okay, because – as far as I know – you cannot switch back to an older version that did not have such a serious bug. Really annoying…

2 Likes

Can confirm this bug has ruined my local Chicagoland area…

1 Like

My $.02 just to populate this thread… Same deal here. My town of 20k people has proabably 30 or 40 highrises in the game and exactly 0 in real life. Well there are a couple downtown, but in the sim they are 1 story buildings. Go figure. Shame because the real weather rendering seems much better but this is really immersion breaking with all the big buildings that should be small.

Zendesk tickets folks, let us give them more and more of these reports of the same bug until they acknowledge it :sweat_smile:

It’s like having a china shop and with every patch they send in an elephant to improve something :joy:

After the amazement of release date, i never imagined myself to be on the brink to try out X-Plane 11 for the first time ever. But now i am.

1 Like

There is now a package you can install to the community folder (and a bonus too!):
follow this link for the community folder packages

proof of concept:
I believe I have a solution, at least working at EDDR but I’m certain elsewhere too:

v1.9.3

after correction:

The problem lies in the file which is configuring which building shows where and how. They’ve added a bunch of ‘overrides’ for commercial buildings and others which is replacing them with skyscrapers or taller buildings.

File:

OneStore\bf-pgg\PGG\distribution.toml

Lines 3784 to 3831:

[Skyscraper_Override]
params.is_airport = ["false"]
options.max_levels = 12
params.shape_area = ["250-7550"]
[Skyscraper_Override.Skyscraper-2]
params.osm_type = ["office"]
options.required = ["osm_type"]
params.shape_area = [">=37"]
[Skyscraper_Override.Skyscraper-3]
params.osm_type = ["office"]
params.shape_area = [">=37"]

[Commercial_Override-Airport]
options.max_levels = 2
[Commercial_Override-Airport.Skyscraper-Office_1]
params.osm_type = ["commercial", "office"]
params.is_airport = ["true"]
[Commercial_Override-Airport.Skyscraper-Office_3]
params.is_airport = ["true"]
params.osm_type = ["commercial", "office"]

[Commercial_Override]
options.max_levels = 12
[Commercial_Override.Skyscraper-Office_1]
params.rci = ["commercial"]
options.required = ["rci"]
params.building_levels = ["12-64"]
[Commercial_Override.Skyscraper-Office_3]
params.building_levels = ["12-64"]
[Commercial_Override.Skyscraper-2]
params.building_levels = [">=64"]
[Commercial_Override.Skyscraper-3]
params.building_levels = [">=64"]

If you delete these lines it shows like in my screenshot.

NB: there is another file now in the new Japan DLC folder which has the same content but also has additional entries for specific Japanese buildings.

File: OneStore\microsoft-pgg-japan\PGG\distribution.toml
Lines 3925 to 3972

I’ve for now deleted the same block of lines in both files because I’m not sure yet the Japan DLC is overriding the global one.

This shall give us a good start to solving this and provide accurate information for Asobo for the next path.

49 Likes

That sure does look promising. Thanks for sharing.

The user fixes this in one day. Microsoft needs two weeks to do this…Funny! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

omg, cptlucky if that works you are my hero, I will check later and be able to continue to play.

What a complete shambles that a user/consumer of the product has to repair the game to make it somewhat playable visually, absolutely ridiculous, ms/asobo sort it out!!!

Again cptlucky, thanks so much for this!!!

2 Likes

collective intelligence beats artificial intelligence.

3 Likes

If this works, you sir, are a total legend. Thank you for your efforts.

2 Likes

This is brilliant. Everything fell into place!

2 Likes

Cptlucky has just saved this game for me, as clearly ms/asobo not going to fix this for weeks, imagine weeks of flying in that utter dribble of a mess, id prefer to fly on 1999 graphics than highrises in the middle of nowhere and everywhere in tiny little towns, looks ■■■■■■■■ awful.

cptlucky, again thanks, and once again thank you so much, did I say thanks!!!

4 Likes

It’s time to create a section of hot fixes from simulator users.

7 Likes

wow that seems to work! Thank you @CptLucky8!!

Again, how Asobo could mess up this, a very basic QA flight in Europe would have shown the issue directly. Anyway, it is what it is :woozy_face:

4 Likes

just WOW!!!

2 Likes

Yes, that’s it.
@CptLucky8 thank you so much.
I didn’t believe that I start a flight within the next two weeks (best case).
Btw, you are right, the Japan DLC must be edited, too.

2 Likes

You might want to tag my post as “solution” in the interim with a mention it is a 'temporary solution".

I’ll further dig into this to try refining which should be removed (it not all) and make it a community folder package.

3 Likes

Scroll up, you will see me even saying its a simple fix, its obvious, you don’t even need coding knowledge to know at the speed they broke it, it’s simple to see that it’s just a case of a code swap or something, which they did with the Japan update, lo and behold, here we are.

Meanwhile MS/Asobo sat on their asses allowing this to go on ffs.

1 Like