[…]

[MiddleEast_C.Apartment_Building-MiddleEast]
options.max_levels = 2

[…]

[MiddleEast.Apartment_Building-Common_Balconies]
options.max_levels = 3

[…]

3 Likes

I know this thread is getting a little lengthy, but wanted to draw attention to a possible work around for the time being that involves 2 small updates inside the content manager:

1 Like

I have forwarded your fix to Asobo in hopes they will include it in patch 5.

1 Like

Yep, this workaround or not-so-much-known fix works fine. Let’s spread the good news !

1 Like

I have a request. After your fix, can you test other places that are supposed to have tall buildings, like Cairo?

Found another location of tall buildings after 1.9.5.0 patch install. Decided to purchase LFLB addon scenery airport in Chambery France and while droning around the airport noticed the nearby town with unusually tall buildings. Checked Google Maps street view and there is nothing taller than 3 level buildings over there. Thought I would add my finding here to document this location for possible future fix.

You might want to cross-check with Open Street Map instead.

[update] I’ve just checked and for the closest building in front of the parking it gives:

<way id="358518216" visible="true" version="3" changeset="58094409" timestamp="2018-04-14T17:50:31Z" user="Matis73" uid="2224883">
  <nd ref="3634284279"/>
  <nd ref="3634284269"/>
  <nd ref="3634284270"/>
  <nd ref="3634284272"/>
  <nd ref="3634284273"/>
  <nd ref="3634284275"/>
  <nd ref="3634284284"/>
  <nd ref="3634284283"/>
  <nd ref="3634284282"/>
  <nd ref="3634284278"/>
  <nd ref="3634284279"/>
  <tag k="building" v="yes"/>
  <tag k="name" v="INES Institut National de l'Energie Solaire. Batiment Hélios"/>
  <tag k="office" v="research"/>
  <tag k="source" v="Terrain cadastre-dgi-fr source : Direction Générale des Impôts - Cadastre. Mise à jour : 2015"/>
 </way>

I believe there is no information for the number of floors isn’t it?

There isn’t going to be accurate height, because even on google those buildings are under construction. How is game supposed to know if there’s literally no data?

That is the main point why in some places there are inaccuracies.

The tall building fix was about removing tall buildings which were caused by some ‘override’ configuration left over by Asobo in the release files.

Other taller buildings than normal are now just buildings for which there is no specific data otherwise. I believe in this case the algorithm is guessing a building height in this case based on surrounding buildings and data, like if you’re right in the middle of a field or right in the middle of a city, etc…

I see you have third party dev tag. Do you mind looking over middle east? I have forwarded to asobo the middle east fix, but the problem is that Cairo has no tall buildings like it should after resolution.

Middle east needs looking at. It’s the only place where there are innacuracies right now.

Being 3rd party dev doesn’t grant any particular back door!

I’m not too familiar with Cairo IRL to even say there is a problem or not (been there once 35 years ago, I’m certain it doesn’t look like the same now except the pyramids :grinning: )

I did look over some photos. For example once I apply the middle east fix, city like Ebril or Morrocco looks fine and accurate, but Cairo suffers.

I’d like to say, Asobo well done. No high-rise buildings yesterday after new patch. But today, as I started the sim for about the fifth time, I suddenly saw the old big buildings again in my rural area and homebase. That is really strange. Is this a bad joke?

Are you secretly a double agent of Asobo that is feeding “hotfixes” to the community here in the forums before the actual fixes go live that you yourself have coded into the base game files?

You’ve been caught!!!

1 Like

OK OK OK … I’m going to go crazy! …
Since I bought FS (before) its departure to this day I have played less than 5 hours due to endless download restarts. It started downloading “almost normal” yesterday with patch 1.9.5.0 and I’m still waiting for the update to finish.
I agree with the wrong height of the buildings, I live in a town that does not have more than 4 or 5 houses of less than 3 floors and the rest are simple houses.
Recreation in general is good, but they have put up soaring buildings that don’t exist.
The AI ​​does a great job -sometimes- and it makes it difficult for them to do everything again, it would be crazy permanent downloads to redo all these sites-maybe those who have 100, 300 MB or more do not notice it, but those of us who have 10Mb - And for the record, they work well with EVERYTHING except FS2020- we live this month downloading patch after patch with improvements and bug fixes and practically not being able to use the simulator.
I estimate that one day we will leave this “beta” that we paid for, but the solution will not come with new remaps but with the most refined autogen.
I come from X-Plane (where I had to use Ortho4XP and Bing satellite mosaics to “stick” on the surface something similar to what I see where I live or where I travel) and the autogen also makes disasters in some places. In this aspect FS has set the mark very high on realism, I also think that we have gotten too excited about the program and I do not think that in the short term they will reveal this type of thing - I hope I am wrong - because there are many more serious malfunctions .
Maybe because I’ve had so many problems I’m content to make it work as it should, but I must agree that in low-density places, random huge buildings are like a kick to the chest.

still many towering building that need to removed some very close to airport approches .

Your addon provider probably needs to update his addon. :thinking:
Now it looks like this for me after a complete new installation of the MFS:

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Delete the folder or the contents?

Woah I can confirm it, his addon is faulty.