Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

OK OK OK … I’m going to go crazy! …
Since I bought FS (before) its departure to this day I have played less than 5 hours due to endless download restarts. It started downloading “almost normal” yesterday with patch 1.9.5.0 and I’m still waiting for the update to finish.
I agree with the wrong height of the buildings, I live in a town that does not have more than 4 or 5 houses of less than 3 floors and the rest are simple houses.
Recreation in general is good, but they have put up soaring buildings that don’t exist.
The AI ​​does a great job -sometimes- and it makes it difficult for them to do everything again, it would be crazy permanent downloads to redo all these sites-maybe those who have 100, 300 MB or more do not notice it, but those of us who have 10Mb - And for the record, they work well with EVERYTHING except FS2020- we live this month downloading patch after patch with improvements and bug fixes and practically not being able to use the simulator.
I estimate that one day we will leave this “beta” that we paid for, but the solution will not come with new remaps but with the most refined autogen.
I come from X-Plane (where I had to use Ortho4XP and Bing satellite mosaics to “stick” on the surface something similar to what I see where I live or where I travel) and the autogen also makes disasters in some places. In this aspect FS has set the mark very high on realism, I also think that we have gotten too excited about the program and I do not think that in the short term they will reveal this type of thing - I hope I am wrong - because there are many more serious malfunctions .
Maybe because I’ve had so many problems I’m content to make it work as it should, but I must agree that in low-density places, random huge buildings are like a kick to the chest.

still many towering building that need to removed some very close to airport approches .

Your addon provider probably needs to update his addon. :thinking:
Now it looks like this for me after a complete new installation of the MFS:

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Delete the folder or the contents?

Woah I can confirm it, his addon is faulty.

Yes, it’s because there is only one building region called “middle east” in the game including Morrocco.

They should think about split this region in two parts : one for “Medina” style cities like Marrakech or Rabat and one for modern cities (with 5 to 10 floors buildings) like Cairo.

I deleted all liveries in my community folder and Installed the “livery mega pack” V 11.x and everythink worked fine. Now I can access the Market Place (not so important :wink: and the contents manager again :slight_smile:

I hope the other develloper will update their disfunctional liveries too, so that we can also have their individual liveries again. But the megapack already included lots of liveries, but lets say iots a little bit standard and a like to have more individual (real life) liveries and not only several colours…

Of cause I miss more differnt aircrafts instead of thouthants of colour shades- until now it seems not to be possible to create new aircraft types like there are many for FS2004/FSX / Prepar3D ???

F.E.: ATR, Dash 8, 737-600/800 NG, Islander (superp for Island hopping), Emb, CJR and many many other types. Were are the creators? Or is that still a matter of missing develloper kits? Seems to be inpossible to build new planes and/or Cockpits?

Or we still have to wait for the professional builders and spend a lot of money again :wink: Of cause I would spend money for a good addon - but we had lots of freeware planes for FS2004 from the beginning.

Delete the folder. The next time the MFS is started, the Launcher will download the current files again.

That’s interesting. Are you on 1.9.5.0 version ? Got my curious though so I will uninstall the airport scenery and see if that changes anything. Regardless, I am more interested in the actual airport scenery but this is the first time I have come across the “tall building” issue.

Yes, version 1.9.5.0. Uninstalling LFLB addon should fix the error for you.
Or is there already an update available for the addon in the Content Manager?

Edit: But the addon doesn’t seem to be very accurate either opposite bing. Or is that also a mistake?
The airport does not look so detailed in the addon.

lflb

Worked for me. Fixed, no community fix needed anymore. At least in the areas I have checkt.

It’s not fixed at all. This taken before the patch.

This taken today. Fishing village in the Aleutian Islands

PACO572

■■■■, I was happy thinking things were back to pre Japan update :frowning: but upon further flying throughout Europe, seems it’s not completely fixed yer, but it’s a little more acceptable.

Where is this? What lat/lon?

Where is this? what lat/lon?

After all the updates i still have this all across Scotland farms seem to build now as low tower blocks . This is just east of Wick. I have the latest Japan update and the building mod in Community folder (have also tried without building mod its just the same). The whole area west of Glasgow is the same.

Yes, it seems they haven’t so much fixed it, but just put medium tower blocks instead of the large tall ones, which looks ok in medium sized places, but still tiny little 10-15 house village in the uk have medium blocks sticking out in such a small area, obviously as in real life it’s a tiny little village.

Before Japan update, default buildings were used but thye most certainly were not medium sized tower blocks/office blocks. Still nowhere near as ugly as all the really tall tower blocks, but at the same time it is not fixed as of yet, and we can’t claim it to be otherwise it will be marked off by asobo.

1 Like

Ah that’s what the labour gov did with all the tower blocks from edin and Glasgow, they moved them out to the country !

Which means it was like this originally. I’ve already tested that with CptLucky8’s fix.

There won’t be 100% accuracy. You are expecting 100% accuracy from AUTOGEN. That’s literally impossible. The fact we still have world populated like this is incredible, but you are starting to expect way too much from this game. This is 1:1 earth representation, there won’t ever be possibility to 100% cover everything and make it accurate.

When will any of you understand that? It’s downright impossible to have nearly payware accuracy everywhere and in every single part of the world.

Curb your ■■■■ expectations.

Submit to zendesk instead of talking about it here.