Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

It doesn’t sound like a particularly smart cache, if you must delete it every time they update the game. I’m not at all convinced.

Tried deleting the cache … etc, issue is persisting, will file a zendesk

Close, but no cigar. Landing at Malaga airport today:

You can compare with Malaga 1.9.3 and 1.9.3 fixed screenshots here: Buildings much too high in 1.9.3.0 Patch

Confirmed. The gigantic office buildings are still here. So,the mod to fix this is still needed.

1 Like

Yes the mod is still needed, here we go for the screenshots that I took for the zendesk report

By the way guys, please create zendesk tickets so they can react on it!

1 Like

I’ve just installed v1.9.5 and I’ve been looking into this furthermore now (NB: I’ve not flown the sim yet, just updated) and v1.9.5 is shipping with the same modifications from my fix!

I’m glad I’ve found what seems to be the actual culprit in 1.9.3 and having been able to help Asobo correcting this bug: Building much too high in 1.9.3.0 Patch - Solution

They’ve just not removed the extraneous entries I’ve spotted, but a few more other. These were other overrides in the middle of file (something about British houses and buildings).

I believe the building issue is now fixed and if you’re still seeing higher buildings it must be something else. The question is what this could be causing this still? The only possibility I can think of is the cache system but I find it peculiar in this case.

I’ll test back the situation over this town in Germany I’ve started with and compare whether I can find a reason, and I’ll report back my findings, if any.

6 Likes

There were a couple of Japan updates needed in content manager for me that I had to do manually. I’m wondering if the differences are people who applied these, or did not have the Japan update in the first place

2 Likes

Just want to say once again thanks for all your work on this - you solved what was the biggest game breaker for me personally. I hope you get some sort of recognition from Asobo.

If you like,try Lübeck. This where my before/after screenshots are from.

Greets

Once again cptlucky we bow down to your work and effort in helping getting this sorted at a deeper level, really look forward to your findings.

If it really isn’t fixed, along with too much thunder and lightning also not being fixed, I think it might be time to give up on this for a good year so that they can get their act together, I can cope with crashes to be honest, but gameplay immersion breaking bugs like the 2 I mentioned are just too much, id much prefer an hour of gaming without immersion broke and then having a crash over no crashing and immersion breaking gameplay.

2 Likes

Thank you! Let’s start in adding the missing 3 likes to my solution post so that it gets at least 100 likes!

I’m back with good news:

This is v1.9.3 EDDR
posted here for reference

v1.9.3

v1.9.3 + fix

This is v1.9.5 EDDR native (no community fix)

3 Likes

So I checked the updated version 1.9.5.0 and to me the issue seems to be fixed. I flew over my hometown where in 1.9.3.0 were much too high buildings (fixed thanks to CptLucky8’s patch) and now all looks good again.I removed CptLucky8’s patch before updating the sim and cleard the cache.

2 Likes

I should have commented this as well: before installing v1.9.5 I’ve just moved the fix out of the community folder (I have a community.disabled folder where I move fixes back and forth).

However I didn’t clear the cache.

So didn’t I, and it looks good in my place now. Malaga is another story - this building on the approach is possibly “exaggerated” in the data.

Nope… most definitely not fixed for me. There are super tall building in the area where I live that weren’t like that before 1.9.3.0. and that are still way too tall with 1.9.5.0.

I don’t even use any caches (Rolling Cache is Off, Manual Cache never used).

The community fix by CptLucky8 is still required, unfortunately.

p.s.: “Press any key to continue” is also still there (yes, I restarted the sim after completing the update).

Where do you live? Maybe cptlucky can go to where you live and see if he see’s the same as you, also please provide a screenshot.

Here, in Gelsenkirchen, Germany (sorry, I’m using Google Earth because that one has photogrammetry to easily compare).

Here are some screenshots, unfortunately I can only provide comparisons with the real world. But I can assure you, I’ve flown quite a bit in that area before 1.9.3.0. and it matched the real world a lot more.

Not fixed here either - still skyscapers after latest patch :frowning:
(Buildings were fine in the release version)

Is CaptLuck8’s community fix mod still working after patch?
I tested both with and without the mod in my community folder and loaded up the sim in my home town.

Looks the same with or without the mod now, I don’t think its working anymore.