Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

The user fixes this in one day. Microsoft needs two weeks to do this…Funny! :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

omg, cptlucky if that works you are my hero, I will check later and be able to continue to play.

What a complete shambles that a user/consumer of the product has to repair the game to make it somewhat playable visually, absolutely ridiculous, ms/asobo sort it out!!!

Again cptlucky, thanks so much for this!!!

2 Likes

collective intelligence beats artificial intelligence.

3 Likes

If this works, you sir, are a total legend. Thank you for your efforts.

2 Likes

This is brilliant. Everything fell into place!

2 Likes

Cptlucky has just saved this game for me, as clearly ms/asobo not going to fix this for weeks, imagine weeks of flying in that utter dribble of a mess, id prefer to fly on 1999 graphics than highrises in the middle of nowhere and everywhere in tiny little towns, looks ■■■■■■■■ awful.

cptlucky, again thanks, and once again thank you so much, did I say thanks!!!

4 Likes

It’s time to create a section of hot fixes from simulator users.

7 Likes

wow that seems to work! Thank you @CptLucky8!!

Again, how Asobo could mess up this, a very basic QA flight in Europe would have shown the issue directly. Anyway, it is what it is :woozy_face:

4 Likes

just WOW!!!

2 Likes

Yes, that’s it.
@CptLucky8 thank you so much.
I didn’t believe that I start a flight within the next two weeks (best case).
Btw, you are right, the Japan DLC must be edited, too.

2 Likes

You might want to tag my post as “solution” in the interim with a mention it is a 'temporary solution".

I’ll further dig into this to try refining which should be removed (it not all) and make it a community folder package.

3 Likes

Scroll up, you will see me even saying its a simple fix, its obvious, you don’t even need coding knowledge to know at the speed they broke it, it’s simple to see that it’s just a case of a code swap or something, which they did with the Japan update, lo and behold, here we are.

Meanwhile MS/Asobo sat on their asses allowing this to go on ffs.

1 Like

Latest patch also seems to have messed up the runway at my home airport EGHI (Southampton). Now there is a big ridge running right across the runway half way down and catapults the aircraft into the sky like an aircraft carrier! Before i report this can someone else confirm they are seeing the same thing? Was fine before the latest patch

I guessed right away that this was an error in the distribution of models.And that most likely either a repeat of the code, or errors in the model definitions. In any case, I can’t dig as deep as you can. I am very grateful that you found this and corrected it.

1 Like

You might want to start your own discussion about this because what you are describing has nothing to do with the subject of this discussion.

Holy cow. How can that be missed in testing??? Thanks for figuring it out.

I guess the takeaway is that if we want hotfixes, the community will provide them, no Asobo.

2 Likes

There is an easy workaround for the tall building issue. Bringing up the VFR map crashes the application to the desktop, thus making all the tall buildings momentarily disappear!

4 Likes

Awesome! Would be nice to have it as Community folder as it avoids messing around with the original files

1 Like

Good thing you waited for a solution to this issue before coming up with that joke. Most people here wouldn’t have appreciated it ten minutes ago. Now I can laugh.

1 Like

Moderators definitely need to create a section for temporary custom fixes. This will reduce the degree of stress and allow people to enjoy the game, as long as Microsoft does not deign to break something else.

4 Likes