Bush trip - refuel only at pumps

Love the bush trips but the automatic re-fueling is off putting, makes them into some GTAV type mission.

Used to have to switch tanks, find fuel pumps etc… but now that’s out the window.

Has gone from no way to refuel to refuel automatically, which was just a really lazy and dumb way to address the issue.

We wanted to be able to re-fuel ourselves Asobo….

Should still remember where you ‘finished’ the last leg on an airfield as before, the need to taxi to pumps (if there are any present) and stop near to trigger the Fuel/load menu.

They’ve done it because most non-international airports are very incomplete, most are missing fuelling and parking, and a lot are just runways and nothing else!

Until they release Scenery Gateway System, so airports/airfields can be corrected easily, it’ll probably stay this way.

And that was part of there original fun and challenge. For me.

6 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you 100%!

1 Like

SU11…Still no way for us punters to turn it off.

SUXI (40th Anniversary Update) release notes:

It should now default to being off? If not, you should submit a bug report.

I did.

Nobody seems to care but me and one other guy.

Ah well….

Anyone know how to turn the bloody thing off?

It doesn’t, and we have.

@Speed1994, @KillerBluesman, @VoraciousJet

AutoRefuelOnLegStart is active in SU11, and it has been confirmed by Asobo that it is a bug in the release notes and is intended to be active.
But the good thing is, since SU11, each author of a bush trips can decide if it is active or not. I know from several authors that they will disable this for Marketplace and fligthsim.to updates in the next weeks.

And the next good thing is, the fuel state remains when you leave the mission/sim. Let’s be curious how things will develop in the future.

BuffyGC

1 Like

Ok in that case, needs to be a option in settings so that the stock/WU Bushtrips to set so that do not auto refuel.

1 Like

Do you have any way to set it for stock bushtrips ?

No has to be set by the designer in a config file somewhere.

This is exactly what we are asking to be implemented. Through a setting, like auto rudder. As effectively stuck trips are infinite fuel now.

Have no issue with others likening the current setup, which is why proposed that be added as a assistants option, as at some stops it can make it harder to get in/out of some strips with full fuel.

I do care as well. So that makes us three, at least.

I have just come back to the bush trips as an activity which I abandoned some months ago due to the bugs then present. (Ironically I never had an issue with refuelling before but with logging, etc.) My main issue was performance on some short and high elevation fields taking off with a plane heavy with fuel. Not the kind of challenge I would seek in real life for the sake of survival.

Having come back today in eager expectation, I feel a bit let down after having followed the release notes in the past.

So if there is any bug report or wishlist entry I can contribute to on this matter, please let me know and I’ll be happy to help in this matter.

2 Likes

And remove the vision of the dashboard instruments in external view despite the fact that they are deactivated in the options.

1 Like

Is that another bush trip related bug? (I usually remain with the view inside to retain the perspective intended for the trip.)

Hi,
I also stay in interior view to pilot but I also like, from time to time, to put myself in life outside to see the landscape and the plane in this landscape.
My instruments are disabled in outdoor mode, in the options, but still appear in bush trip.

Agree that re-fuelling was an integral part of the bush trips. Managing fuel, selecting tanks, conserving fuel. All added to the experience. However it seems any challenge is being removed from them.

It seems any issues are being resolved by Asobo in the easiest way, even if it ruins the experience. It’s the same as the time of day issues, instead of them being resolved in a proper way, each leg now starts at the same time.

Bush trips are my favourite MSFS activity, but Asobo doesn’t seem to care about them. It’s hard to provide structure and challenge in GA flying but the Bush Flights do that. You’d imagine Asobo should be looking at them as an important part of the MSFS experience. But what do I know…

2 Likes

The option to turn auto-refueling on or off is now left to the developers who make each activity, so it will vary. For example, the New Zealand bush trips have auto refuel turned off.

1 Like

Option is open to the developers creating the bush trip whether or not to have refuel only at pumps.