Bush Trip State and Location Saving

Hi Community,

Previously bush trips would save your state nd location, i.e. if you shut down on a ramp your restart the next flight in that location in that state. Now upon landing and stopping and reaching a leg save, the next time you restart you get placed at the runway threshold running with brakes off. I’ve only tried the Norway trip so far with this. Is this normal? If so when did this change and is there a work around? If not is there anyway I can fix it?

Best Regards and thanks.

To add to this;

If you quit a bush trip in the middle of a leg, then go back to it the sim will put you back to the beginning of the leg.

Not too frustrating BUT it also puts you at the wrong altitude, often it will re-set the flight plan to the first leg and it will completely pooch any other aircraft settings.

Does this every.bloody.time.

Seems like its gone from saving a local saveflt file to a simple leg completion checkpoint online. Needs improvement.

1 Like

So there are no local saves for bushtrip any more?
I had issues with one of my trips and deleted the local save folder in "AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES".
In MSFS the trips says still that I have allready 75% done.
Where is the new save place and if it is only, where exactly it is online so that I can delete it online as well?

I think a local save should be there but not in the garbage can for all applications called “AppData”.
The MSFS should have a setting in which the user can setup the location to save this kind of data.

Thank you

I was just trying to find this myself. Deleted everything there and nothing changed with my bush trips.

They made this change quite a few updates ago, can’t remember which one.

I recall it was in response of folks complaining of running out of fuel - so the devs implemented a quick and dirty fix by essentially resetting everything upon starting each each leg.

Basically nerfed them - I’ve not touched bush flights since. Used to be my favourite feature of the sim.

I have one that’s corrupted and I need to reset it somehow.

All missions are saved in the cloud. There is no possibility to change anything there. Have a look here, maybe it will help you: Help and Support (en-US)
Greetings, Koschi

Interestingly I did contact support. They said it was on the computer too (though now I can see it’s not). They said if the files were gone, the only way was to reset the whole thing - logblook and all. I wasn’t going to do that for a bush trip. I tried loading it some while later on a whim and it loaded. No problems since so I don’t understand what it was, but I’m glad it returned to working.

1 Like