Bush trip VFR-map bug

Whatever bush trip I choose, the tracks on the VFR map will always be like in the example below. All track lines will come together in one point about half the globe away from the route. Very annoying and the bush trips are useless. What can be wrong? Apparently a rare problem since I can not find similar reported issues.
Thanks for your ideas and help.

Have you got any add-ons in the FS Community directory that may interfere with the flight plans?

Based on everything converging on one point, give this a try;

Turn off “Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support” in: Control Panel → Region → Administrative Tab-> Change System Locale Reset PC

1 Like

Yes, turning off “Beta” resolves the issue! BUT there was a reason Beta was selected.
After my first clean installation of FS (DVD version) there was another severe bug. The first flight went OK. But after that first flight, whatever airport was chosen from the World Map, after loading I find myself in the same airplane on the same airport from the first flight, also after a W10 and FS restart. So I was stuck into that situation. After several frustrating weeks I finally found a solution on the board: turning on Beta. This problem seems to be related to the username on the computer when diacritic marks are used in the name, in my case an acute accent. Now Beta is turned off, the bush trip bug is solved but my first problem is back. Fortunately in this situation all the bush trips work fine but for a normal flight I have to turn on Beta again which needs a W10 restart and thus a FS restart. And then we are back to the bush trip bug :frowning_face:

If you have not already done so I definitely recommend filing a ZenDesk report, the more reports the more visibility the issue will receive.

Thanks Raynen. With your help at least I can fly the bush trips by turning Beta off.
I did report Zendesk.

1 Like

Hi @FallDart9672962,
Make sure you file a Zendesk about the non-ascii characters in your Windows 10 account name. There is a topic about it but it gets very little votes:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/i-cannot-load-any-different-airport-and-plane-always-the-same-airport-and-same-aircraft-non-ascii-windows-10-account-name/302113

1 Like

Don’t feel bad - on some bush trips the VFR map doesn’t have ANY lines at all since SU5.

1 Like

Currently doing the Yosemite bush trip, no line on the vfr map (and sometimes no airports or no airports name)