Bush Trips broken?

Flight plans are not loading when resuming a trip. That makes VFR map not to work. When flight plan loads, VFR map works.

2 Likes

Me too, I’m on pc and noted that something weird is going on regarding bushtrips.

As @AwesomeHotness has mentioned, I too have this bug of the legs being skipped. So there is no :white_check_mark:mark next to it.

Also the completion rate of the particular bushtrip does not increase after completing legs.

I hope the team will get this sorted.

It happens on PC too. I have the same issue in the Alps bush trips. After some leg (which appeared as validated at the end), all the others legs were not checked in the bush trip summary (as above).

I’m not sure why it’s taking so long to flag this as a “bug logged” item. Hoping soon so these issues can get some traction for fixes.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Not sure if you have filed this issue using Zendesk, but the more people report this, the sooner the team will pay attention to it.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Cheers :wink: :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

There is a good thread concerning broken bush trips here: SU5/WU6 and Bush Trips
Please pay a visit and vote if you have not already done so. As the previous poster states the more votes and reports, the sooner something might happen.

3 Likes

Thanks, will do👍🏼

:+1: bug report and support ticket already filed as well.

2 Likes

I had the same happen during the Denmark run- ended up having to “drive” my aircraft from the janky starting point (dense forest floor) all the way to the destination AP to complete the journey of that particular leg. I hope this gets re-worked or a way to wipe errors.

For what it’s worth: the bug I files is “solved”.
Bush Trip sequences not working properly – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Spot on. I just had this same problem and tried your method. Worked and saved me tearing my hair out and booting my Xbox around the garden in frustration. Thanks for that.

2 Likes

I have a workaround to the issue of the incomplete leg. I just experienced this at the Finland trip going from EFLL to EFRV. It did not register a completed leg when I landed in EFRV. Here’s what worked finally:

Exit to main menu. Back to Bush trip select last completed leg with a check mark. Choose “Restart From” button. Complete the leg (I use the Teleport Window in Dev Mode.) Then immediately Continue to the next leg. Don’t go to main menu or bush trip menu. Just choose Continue. Then complete the next leg (again, I used Teleport Window as I already successfully flew it.) This time the leg completes successfully.

Does’n work for me. Landed at EFKU and… nothing! No check. No navlog.
Don’t understand. Had a perfect flight.
Frustrating those not-working bush trips.

3 Likes

Please pop over here and add your vote if you have not already done so. The more votes, thegreater chance things might get fixed. SU5/SU6 and Bush Trips

2 Likes

Just be careful as Dev mode doesn’t log hours (so that might create some other logbook issues).

This worked for me. And also pretty easy. Thanks.

1 Like

Submitted a bug report today. Same as above, I love bush trips and they form the core of this sim, but they are fundamentally broken and it causes immense frustration.

• Frequent faulires to register leg complete after sucessful landing at a destination airport.

• Frequent failures to display VFR line or Nav notes on loading into a leg.

• Information on Gamrin displays frequently wrong (or the nav system stops working but I guess tha’ts not Bush trip specific).

To date I’ve managed to complete 2 full bush trips, but am now stuck on legs 3-8 of 4 others and simply cannot bear to re-fly, load in, load out, re-land, edit files, delete, restart, quite to main ANY MORE.

I just wanna fly my plane over pretty scenery man.

Sorry, had to rant, but if this isn’t fixed I’m cancelling my gamepass as this is all I play for the moeny, and I can’t play it without immense frustration right now.

6 Likes

They’re so broken. If Asobo did even the slightest bit of testing it would be readily apparent.

The most die hard summers are treated as unpaid, ignored beta-testers. This has to change. Asobo taken notice.

1 Like

There may be some hope as the “Known Issues” blog was updated with this:

ACTIVITIES

Bushtrip progression is not saved when completing a bushtrip leg
    We are aware of this issue and the team is currently investigating

Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

What is the difference between the “known issues” page and “(Month) Feedback Snapshot.”

???

Are they not both tracking technical issues? It makes no sense why there are two lists. Who updates them? On what basis? How often are they updated?

Who is in charge of bug triage. I’d love to know how they have a job.

1 Like