Bush Trips broken?

Every bush trip has an issue no matter which one. I feel that fixing these are a low priority for the developers.

Have the same problems with the VFR map. Can’t see the route or the POIs. Even if you follow the navlog and try to be accurate you still miss a POI and then that leg won’t count as completed even if it says so when you have landed and stopped the airplane. FS knows you have flown the leg but it’s not “approved”.

Fixing the VFR map would help a lot!

1 Like

Is that Xbox? Because I never had issues skipping POIs.

Nope, this is on PC.

And even after restarting the sim things are wrong. It says the trip is 20% done when it in fact is 40%. Plus that the third leg can’t be restarted. Can only continue from leg 4 or restart from leg 2.

1 Like

Also every time I use the Bush Trips the taxi ribbon goes to the OFF position.

The problems seem to be connected to newer trips and legs beyond the first leg. Discover Denmark and Sweden both worked the first leg, but from leg 2 and onward the VFR map didn’t work.

Tested “Rijeka to Santorini” and second leg works just fine there after finishing the first leg.

I didn’t realise the VFR map was supposed to work. I’ve always ‘looked out of the window’.

I did have to re-fly some legs to complete Scandinavia but got there in the end.

Flight plans are not loading when resuming a trip. That makes VFR map not to work. When flight plan loads, VFR map works.

2 Likes

Me too, I’m on pc and noted that something weird is going on regarding bushtrips.

As @AwesomeHotness has mentioned, I too have this bug of the legs being skipped. So there is no :white_check_mark:mark next to it.

Also the completion rate of the particular bushtrip does not increase after completing legs.

I hope the team will get this sorted.

It happens on PC too. I have the same issue in the Alps bush trips. After some leg (which appeared as validated at the end), all the others legs were not checked in the bush trip summary (as above).

I’m not sure why it’s taking so long to flag this as a “bug logged” item. Hoping soon so these issues can get some traction for fixes.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Not sure if you have filed this issue using Zendesk, but the more people report this, the sooner the team will pay attention to it.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Cheers :wink: :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

There is a good thread concerning broken bush trips here: SU5/WU6 and Bush Trips
Please pay a visit and vote if you have not already done so. As the previous poster states the more votes and reports, the sooner something might happen.

3 Likes

Thanks, will do👍🏼

:+1: bug report and support ticket already filed as well.

2 Likes

I had the same happen during the Denmark run- ended up having to “drive” my aircraft from the janky starting point (dense forest floor) all the way to the destination AP to complete the journey of that particular leg. I hope this gets re-worked or a way to wipe errors.

For what it’s worth: the bug I files is “solved”.
Bush Trip sequences not working properly – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Spot on. I just had this same problem and tried your method. Worked and saved me tearing my hair out and booting my Xbox around the garden in frustration. Thanks for that.

2 Likes

I have a workaround to the issue of the incomplete leg. I just experienced this at the Finland trip going from EFLL to EFRV. It did not register a completed leg when I landed in EFRV. Here’s what worked finally:

Exit to main menu. Back to Bush trip select last completed leg with a check mark. Choose “Restart From” button. Complete the leg (I use the Teleport Window in Dev Mode.) Then immediately Continue to the next leg. Don’t go to main menu or bush trip menu. Just choose Continue. Then complete the next leg (again, I used Teleport Window as I already successfully flew it.) This time the leg completes successfully.