Bush Trips broken?

Does’n work for me. Landed at EFKU and… nothing! No check. No navlog.
Don’t understand. Had a perfect flight.
Frustrating those not-working bush trips.

3 Likes

Please pop over here and add your vote if you have not already done so. The more votes, thegreater chance things might get fixed. SU5/SU6 and Bush Trips

2 Likes

Just be careful as Dev mode doesn’t log hours (so that might create some other logbook issues).

This worked for me. And also pretty easy. Thanks.

1 Like

Submitted a bug report today. Same as above, I love bush trips and they form the core of this sim, but they are fundamentally broken and it causes immense frustration.

• Frequent faulires to register leg complete after sucessful landing at a destination airport.

• Frequent failures to display VFR line or Nav notes on loading into a leg.

• Information on Gamrin displays frequently wrong (or the nav system stops working but I guess tha’ts not Bush trip specific).

To date I’ve managed to complete 2 full bush trips, but am now stuck on legs 3-8 of 4 others and simply cannot bear to re-fly, load in, load out, re-land, edit files, delete, restart, quite to main ANY MORE.

I just wanna fly my plane over pretty scenery man.

Sorry, had to rant, but if this isn’t fixed I’m cancelling my gamepass as this is all I play for the moeny, and I can’t play it without immense frustration right now.

6 Likes

They’re so broken. If Asobo did even the slightest bit of testing it would be readily apparent.

The most die hard summers are treated as unpaid, ignored beta-testers. This has to change. Asobo taken notice.

1 Like

There may be some hope as the “Known Issues” blog was updated with this:

ACTIVITIES

Bushtrip progression is not saved when completing a bushtrip leg
    We are aware of this issue and the team is currently investigating

Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

What is the difference between the “known issues” page and “(Month) Feedback Snapshot.”

???

Are they not both tracking technical issues? It makes no sense why there are two lists. Who updates them? On what basis? How often are they updated?

Who is in charge of bug triage. I’d love to know how they have a job.

1 Like

I guess hope is all we got. I loved bushtrips during launch on gamepass and the saving worked back then. After many months I finally came back (bought the game) and I was also happy to see that there are so much more bushtrips and my excitement was high but it went down fast when I saw they are all broken :cry: The whole mode is 100% useless to me until it’s fixed.

5 Likes

The same for me - 2nd leg Denmark - after landing - nothing completed - reentering the leg - at the same airport without any guidence in the logbook… Managed to reflight it with renaming save - the same. I don’t want to pay addtional time for it:-(

2 Likes

Same here. Bush trips do not complete.

4 Likes

Still broken as of today…

2 Likes

Likely not going to get a fix until the next release at the earliest. If you haven’t yet, also give feedback to this post if your POIs were also disappearing:
Bush Trip POIs disappeared after first leg - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes

For me bushtrips are also broken (XsX). No Chance to complete the mont Blanc Bushtrip because the Andorra leg refuses to save my successfull landing…

2 Likes

C’mon let’s get the release out soon. This has been broken for so long. Tried every option but I’m not doing any more bush trip as I can’t move on from the last registered leg. Such a shame.

1 Like

Several fixes regarding bushtrips are coming with the next update!!

1 Like

I have completed 18 legs of the Nevada trip but cannot get the 19th leg–Sierraville-- to register. I tried the workaround using the dev mode. I started from leg 1, using the dev mode as instructed and landed at the airport for leg 2. I pressed “continue” and followed the same process for leg 3. Again, it registered “completed.” I then checked the flight log. It did not register either landing but it simply showed the aircraft as being at the airport where I had been stuck initially–Sierraville–at airport leg 19. I tried to reboot the program but it placed me back at Sierraville. I then tried to start from the previous leg–leg 18–but the program would not let me do it. The SU7 update has not helped. I would welcome any new ideas.

1 Like

Just curious: did you start from scratch today or is this a continuation of previous legs completed pre SU7?

1 Like

Thanks
I have:

1. tried to continue (with new Nevada_save file)
  2. Tried to back track and continue – (with new Nevada_save file)
  3. Tried to restart (with new Nevada-Save file)
  4. Tried to continue with original file which recorded through leg 18-- both before and after SU7
    Hope this is useful and thanks
1 Like

Release notes says Bush trips are fixed. The names of the airfields are indeed fixed, but the Nevada trip still does not register leg completed. So no, they are not fixed.

4 Likes