Bush Trips broken?

It seems its only fixed for completely New bushtrips that you havent started yet. I went with a new bushtrip and everything saves fine. The ones i started with before SU7 are still broken…

1 Like

I just landed at the last leg of Brekenridge to Mariposa and MSFS won’t end the flight. Very frustrating.

Update: After manually ending the flight it showed 100% progress for the trip.

1 Like

happening to me on the second leg of the Germany bush trip. Strangely, was able to complete the France trip in its entirety…

1 Like

TL;DR:
Bush Trip legs started in SU6 have corrupt saves, after deleting the relevant Bush Trip save folder, the Bush Trip should work correctly in SU7.

Details
So far I have had to delete 3 save folders in
(Steam version = AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES)

1. BALKANS_SAVE previously completed, corrupted in SU6 by flying an intermediate leg, was stuck on leg 2.
  2. Denmark SAVE, was stuck on leg 2, new SU6 flight.
  3. UKBUSHTRIP-5_SAVE, community Bush Trip, was stuck on leg 2, new SU6 flight.

1 (on leg 3) & 3 (completed) are working correctly in SU7 after deleting their save folders (haven’t retested 2).

Testing Norway (trip completed in SU5 but 1 leg showing incomplete) in SU6 the leg failed to complete and lost/reset 50% of the already completed trip.

1. Re-flying the last “good” leg in SU7, it completed correctly as have the next 3 legs (haven’t reached the end yet).
  2. Looks like the save is corrupted/broken. I reached the end but completion is stuck @92%

*** Edit ***
I’ve now [SU9] complete all 3 Bush Trips - Balkans, Denmark and UKBUSHTRIP-5
Norway is still stuck @92%

3 Likes

Thank you - was worried this was the case but think you have confirmed my suspicion.

1 Like

Thanks. While I much enjoyed some bush trips, I had given up on them because of their numerous bugs. I am going to delete all the corpses in my AppData directory and start over now.

2 Likes

Yes, and the sad thing is, XBox users can’t remove their save files, so they are forever locked out the rest of the content because they can’t restart a new trip. I’ve put in a request for an API function call that will remove relevant bush trip save files, so users from the bush trip screen can reset a trip from the UI. This would save PC users from tracking down where their save file is, and give XBox users the ability to not be locked out of content.

4 Likes

Where are the Windows Store files saved again?

I think (via Google)

The equivalent Windows Store save location is:

AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES

… but YMMV.

1 Like

Thank you - that was it. Just had to delete my partially completed Germany and Alpine trips…sigh

I uninstalled the game on Xbox and it reset the progress of the bush trips, as the saves for that aren’t stored in the cloud so that’s an option but you’ll end up losing all progress including the ones you’ve completed. I only had a few to do, but I didn’t mind so much as I enjoy them and will probably do them all again, at least until they get broken again.

1 Like

I have the MS Store version. I just looked for the missions and wanted to note that I found them in a slightly different location. (I saved them elsewhere before deleting them just in case I have made a mistake.)
Instead of:
AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES"
I found them in:
AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES

DOH!!! I asked people if that specific action would work, and everyone told me no, that since the saves are with your Microsoft profile area, they would persist. So I ended up creating another whole xbox account, and repurchasing the paid bush trips, so if I got stuck on the spare account, it wouldn’t lock me out the main account and I would still be able to do them on PC if necessary…

I wanted to use MSFS on XBox because I didn’t want to have to keep fiddling with PC drivers and content folders and config files to make things work, and instead I’m finding I’m spending all my time reporting XBox problems, dealing with 3rd party developers to resolve XBox conflicts, or trying to get my content to work on XBox. I’m just finding I’m having to live with the drawbacks of what XBox can’t have, but not getting any of the benefits of low maintenance I was supposed to get…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.