[Bush Trips] FS Academy - Voyager

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

I will have to make a Voyager update I expect, as the change of location to Custom Content has interfered with the behavior of the Voyager bush trips.

I’ll put out an update asap and will add this guidance to the support page soon.

Thanks for the reports!

Thanks for so quick answer!
When do you plan releade update?

1 Like

I’ve just completee it (it is quite minor technically) and will provide to all stores today or tomorrow. Marketplace may take a while as usual.

Updated support page in the meantime:
www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-voyager

UPDATE: Version 1.5 of VOYAGER has been sent to all stores and should be available for download soon. Thanks for the reports and happy landings.

Hi Everybody,

A lot has happened with FS Academy over the last year, so I wanted to write a roundup of what we’ve been up to in 2021. it’s been a big year, with Sim Update 7, a major overhaul to IFR and the release of Jetliner. Read more below:

-SALE-

IFR, VFR, Jetliner and Voyager will all be on sale from DEC10-20 at roughly 40% off (13.99USD for first three, 6.99USD for Voyager). This will be a promoted sale within the in-game marketplace.

-SU7 PARTNERSHIP-

We partnered with Asobo/MS to provide the 14 new tutorials for Sim Update 7, which has now gone live. The bush flying and IFR tutorials give a basic introduction to flying with these skill sets. It was a pleasure to work with Asobo and Microsoft and incredibly satisfying to see my content go first-party for a simulation platform I have used avidly for many decades and continue to do so along the path to my current position as A320 Captain.

We worked directly with the Asobo team and Jorg to bring the tutorials to the simulator, which was a fantastic experience.

-IFR UPDATE-

FS Academy - IFR teaches a virtual instrument rating to MSFS pilots. Well received and regarded, IFR has undergone a full overhaul, introducing on-screen objectives

-NEW HOME-

All mission packs are now found under CUSTOM CONTENT in-game. Previously only the Bush Trips menu was available for third-parties, but we now have a more natural and permanent home, improving the UI and experience along the way.

-UPDATES-

VFR, Jetliner and Voyager have all received recent updates for minor fixes, dialog improvements, menu UI improvements and more.

-NEW PROJECTS-

Releasing very soon is a collaboration with another studio and a charity to provide a mini pack of missions for MSFS. This will be announced properly by the other studio very soon, after the final round of testing that is currently underway.

Also, in early development is a new full FS Academy tutorial pack, which is expected to be available in stores early 2022.

All in all, it’s been a very busy 12 months, with more on the horizon and plenty to look forward to in the new year.

All the best,
David

FS Academy

www.fsacademy.co.uk

3 Likes

Still not updated in Microsoft market.
May I know when version 1.5 will be published?

Hi, MS say it is on the way and should be in Marketplace, along with Jetliner, later today.

After update to 1.5… Still missing… In all missions I don’t have legs selection :woozy_face:
delete, reintall … and i can fly other legs still.

Hi everyone,

It looks like there are still issues with Bush Trips in MSFS, including Voyager.
v1.5 of Voyager recovers some bush trip functionality, such as the Back on Track function, but it appears that progress is not saved after closing and re-opening the sim.

This will likely need a fix from Asobo, as it looks like an issue with MSFS itself. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Hi, I was wondering if you can choose the aircraft for the Voyager Bush flights, or if its just the Cessna 172?

Thanks!

Hi there,

Voyager uses a range of aircraft, including the C172, Caravan, Bonanza and DA40.

It is possible to swap aircraft using developer mode or by modifying game files, but your mileage may vary and so this is not officially supported.

1 Like

Hi, do you have information when should microsoft fix this bug?
Thx

Looking forward to trying them. The MS built in ones are a bit broken, in so many ways. Bought these yesterday to try with my new XBox series X rig (KB, Mouse and the Velocity Flight One from TB)

I’m new at this, but it’s great fun.

1 Like

I don’t unfortunately, we will have to wait for Asobo to understand and correcf whatever was changed in SU7.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I have heard back from Asobo regarding this and they have advised me that the use of Developer Mode will inhibit the saving of Bush Trip progress.

I’ll continue to investigate and see if I can discover more, but in the meantime please ensure that Developer Mode is OFF, as this is possibly the cause of the issue.

Hi, I don’t use the developer mode.
The problem is that I still don’t see any LEGS selection in any BUSH TRIP from VOYAGER:

Thank you for your help.
Mike

1 Like

Thanks, it seems that Dev Mode is not the root cause then. I’ll feed this back to Asobo.
I have read elsewhere that some people have lost bush trip progress (custom content and official trips) after the latest update, so this is also a possibility.

There are several threads in these forums on losing bush trip progress as well.

1 Like

Hi, im not sure, but it is not about saving progress. Here completely missing the option to choose LEGS.

Ah, I see now.
There should be I believe 7 legs there.
I don’t use these so I don’t know much about them.
Here is a link to FS Academy’s support site.
There is also a “contact us” at the bottom of this link’s page if you can’t find an answer there.
https://www.fsacademy.co.uk/support-voyager

1 Like

Hi,

This is still annongoing issue with MSFS and has been reported elsewhere regarding all types of bush trips, including voyager and default.

I gather that we need a fix from the MSFS team in order to recify this, which we will have to wait for.

Thanks again for your patience.

3 Likes