Bush trips leg departure times

Every leg of each bush trip unfortunately departs at the same time. It would be great if the departure times for each leg were set to different times throughout the day to a least give the impression of doing a day’s flying (or two).

Of course it’s possible to set live time and weather by editing the configuration files, but I think it would add some fun and immersion to the bush trip to see the lighting change throughout the day and could also create a bit of a story - eg. it’s nearly sunset, this will be the last flight for today.

It is ridiculous that it isn’t easy to change the bush trip takeoff times.
Especially with idiotic default departure times.
Why would anyone want to start a VFR flight across Alaska in the dark??
Seriously, what is the point?

Edit: After you have clicked “continue” for the next leg of flight, enable Developer Mode and you can change the time. Then exit developer mode and click “fly” to start flying the leg.

Nice tip. I’ll try this out

How do you do that. I seem to lose the nav log

Warning , if you use dev mode during a bush trip, your leg progress percentages will be set to 0. MSFS sees this as cheating.

Why not just give us the routing/flight plan, and let the sim set itself to whenever each user launches the trip? With that round-the-world trip, I’d rather get the flight plan and import it into LittleNavMap and then fly each leg on my own. I know that creating the entire trip as one big bush flight has benefits, but I’m not having a lot of fun with the FS2020 bush trips with the same time of day, no weather, and no real way to refuel at some destinations other than the Repair/Refuel option.

How 'bout it Asobo?

Agreed. I don’t mind the limited aids available during bush trips to increase the challenge - but at least let the user pick the time and weather. A big part of what makes this sim tick is the great lighting and weather engine and the unlimited range of visual enhancements this brings - then to have all that locked away for bush trips is such a waste.
FWIW, all the bush trips I create at least have the weather option available.