Bush Trips not counting in logbook

I finished my bushtrips in Dev Mode and discovered it did not register anything in the LogBook. I then started in normal mode. I discover the Bushtrips are not counted. It shows the total No of Bush Trips Legs but none of the completed legs like 0/33. How can I fix this without flying it a 3rd time which would be really boring. Thanks

@TigerJaguar810,
Using Developer mode does not record in the logbook. As mentioned by the developers “MSFS is no longer a simulator when using developer mode.”

You will need to re-do your trips with developer mode turned off.

ref:
Will Asobo investigate Logbook issues? - Archives / Live Dev Answers - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

November 25, 2020 Q&A Timeline:
https://youtu.be/u9lMr9JXU04?t=837

No indication that he flew the trip in normal mode. Only that he went back to normal mode that trips were not logged.

I deducted from this:

:slight_smile:

Thanks for your answers. ITo make it more clear: I finished in Dev. Mode. Then I discovered that the flights did not register in the logbook. Now I started again in normal mode (Dev. Mode gurned off). I finished a few legs and discover that the legs are not counted. It does count landings etc in the logbook but not the legs in the activity log. 0 of 33. Thanks for your interest.

The Bush trips should be logged in your logbook. You must get the “Leg Completed” when you land to have them tallied in the second number in Activities. When you successfully complete all the legs in a Bush Trip, the first number will iterate (+1). Any partial or total legs completed in Dev Mode WILL NOT be counted or logged.

I have noticed that sometimes a leg will not be recorded in the Log Book until you restart the program. I always assumed it was due to the way a Bush trips was written.
Another thing is I once completed 4 legs in one session, but my Log Book recorded them all as one flight - it logged take-off of leg 1 and landing of leg 4.

When I land i stop and the FS indicates that leg is successfully completet. I do not proceed directly to the next leg but go back to the Bishtrip Menu and start continue the Bushtrip from that Menu. Still it says 0 / 33. should this not be say 10 / 33 which means 10 legs completed out of 33?

I think in general, the logbook just doesn’t work very well. I don’t even know how much of my flying time is logged in the MSFS logbook. It seems very fussy about what flights get logged (seems to be reliant on specific procedures?) I completely ignore it because once I realised it was inaccurate, I figured there’s not much point in paying any attention to it. It also can’t be edited. I’m not surprised that bush trips don’t get included.

I wonder why time in the air isn’t just logged regardless of where, what or how? Was it made in an overly complex way?

To offer a solution, I log all my hours in Little Navmap and Volanta, if that helps.

The 0/33 is the number of bush trips finished and the number of legs started or finished.

Mine currently stands at 4/71. I don’t know how it counted the 71; I calculate 67 (25+16+14+12). I’m doing all the trips again in different aircraft but the numbers aren’t going up.

The logbook in general is tricky. There are bugs but when you know how it all works it’s easier. I get all my flights being recorded correctly (wheels up to wheels down but no taxi time).

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Not related.
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No.
Brief description of the issue:
Patagonia bush trip not saving flights to pilot logbook.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Flew legs 1-4 one after another. Had a CTD when trying to takeoff on leg 5. Reloaded and logbook only showed the leg 4 flight as a partial flight landing in the vicinity but I was on the runway. Flew leg 5 and checked again, nothing. Flew a normal flight from world map and it logged that flight just fine. Went back to bush trip and flew leg 6 logged in flight book. They are showing completed in bush trip menu. Also losing trip course plot after returning from either a CTD or exiting back to menu. (ETA: Leg 7 did not log as well.)
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Xbox S
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Not yet

Hello,

I experience the same problem. I do the Bush trip from Rijeka to Santorini and when I land to the expected airport I get the credit that the leg completed successful. When I exit the game and come after some hours I can not continue from where I left. Also in the log book it doesn’t count when I depart and arrive.
Do you have any solution? Or do you know how I could fix it?

p.s. I am not using Developer mode.

can confirm an issue with countin / logging bushtrip ( of course no dev-mode )…
In my case was only one leg of the whole balkan bt logged.

I did the whole Balkan Bushtrip in one row. May be I should try next Bushtrip to go everytime back into main menu and then continue the Bushtrip.

1 Like

Hey Evolve, I recently flew the entire Patagonia Bush trip, all at once without exiting to menu. I took off and landed at every runway darn near-perfect. I was shooting for the “Fire and Ice” achievement. The bush trip menu now shows checkmarks all the way down, and 100% completed. However, the logbook only shows one entry: the last flight, with 20 mins or so total time (I also got no achievement). I’ve found the only way to get the bush flights to sync to log properly has been to exit to main menu after every leg, then continue from there.

2 Likes

Hello good evening everyone.
Currently this month (October 2022), I have completed all the Bush Trips, because I did not completed any before and now they work correctly, I decided to complete all of them this month…since each update they puts each more routes and I was making a snowball.
Anyway, using the Xbox X, Fire and Ice” achievement appears correctly.

What I suffered, the big error is that I only have “officially” a little more than 900 hours when in reality I would have much more hours, because of the failures with the updates. Since each update with the Xbox from having 200 to 300 hours automatically returns to 0…, it seems that it doesn’t do it anymore but it has bothered me a lot… Right now I have less than 50 left hours to get the 1.000 hour achievement. I hope to get it out as soon as possible.

Well pilots the sky is calling :slight_smile:

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

The time counter doesn’t seem to work properly. I had over 304 hours on my profile yesterday. Today I flew the Germany bush trip which took over 6 hours. My profile now show 305 hours.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Be sue Dev mode is OFF as you have said.
Are you in the Beta? But not sure if this would effect the hrs.
It could be just slow to update online profile, check again in a day.

Same problem here. I flew a few random flights in the Icon A5 yesterday and then decided to do the Balkans Bush Trip. I did 11 legs last night and finished it just now. No developer mode.

My logbook shows all my silly, random Icon flights and then the first leg of the Bush Trip (LDRI → LDRO) but it did not record a landing and says the flight ended in the vicinity of LDRO even though I did land and get credit.

Then the next 4 legs of the trip are recorded as normal, and that’s the end of my logbook as of now so it’s missing 12 legs. I didn’t do any other flights in between the BT flights, and I got credit for the entire trip in the BT menu (shows 100% completed).

Also, as a side-note, I never used the Back on Track option at all and still did not get the achievement, but apparently that’s a whole other problem.

March 2023 attempt -
Completed the Patagonia Bush Trip (again) and still no achievement. Recently finished the landing challenges and am now showing at 96% complete for the Completionist achievement. I am suspecting that it is an issue with the Patagonia Bush Trip, since I still haven’t received the Fire & Ice achievement either. I believe it to be an issue with the Ushuaia Aeroclub (SAWO) to Yendegaia Airport (SCNY) leg. Instead of registering the leg in the logbook as SAWO to SCNY, it gets listed as Z00T (Los Cerros Airport - the start of the first leg) to SCNY instead.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

no

if you fly a number of bushtrip legs and don’t return to the main menu in between each, it appears only the last one appears in the logbook. You do how ever get presented with the logbook entry presentation after the completed leg dialogue, but when you later on bring up the logbook from the profile page they don’t appear, only the last leg.
Has only been an issue since the latest mandatory update 14/03/2024

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

fly multiple legs of a bushtrip using the continue option and then check the logbook

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

xbox series S

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: