Buy and Download and Buy grayed out on PC and Xbox Marketplace

I’m not sure how long it takes for the Zendesk team to respond to a ticket so I’m posting here to see if anyone knows and to reiterate my situation in case someone in the Marketplace group sees it or someone else has any suggestions.

Last Saturday the 11th, I attempted to make a purchase in the Marketplace and found the Buy and Download and Buy options grayed out on my PC. I then went to my Xbox Series X and tried the same thing with the same results. I found an article that said it might be a stuck transaction (although my last transaction was the successful purchase of Microsoft Complete for my wife’s Surface Laptop Go on November 30th. My last Marketplace purchase was the Reno Expansion Pack on November 18th.

I have opened the MSFS Marketplace with my wife’s account and the Buy and Download options are not grayed out for her. I have also checked and confirmed that I can purchase items through the Windows Store (which I believe the marketplace is tied to) with my account. So, I’m assuming it’s a combination of something with my Microsoft account and the Marketplace.

I have followed the steps in the support article logging out of my account on all systems, including my smartphone, and rebooted. I even took it to the next level and did a complete uninstall and re-install of the sim on both my Xbox Series X and my PC. No change. It has now been an additional 48 hours beyond the 72 hours since I posted my issue on Zendesk with no response other than the automated one letting me know they received it.

At this point I still am unable to purchase anything from the Marketplace and would like to take advantage of the sales on it, some of which expire on Monday the 20th.

1 Like

I have the same problem with Marketplace - since today buy-button is inactive :confused:

ive had this since black friday even had a reply from microsoft but nothing helped. Even reinstalled fs2020. It all started at end of black friday. was charged full price for a 50% discounted item. requested and got refund (within minutes) Paypal. I think the transaction triggered something. it is also greyed out on my XBOX.( have both pc and xbox) The only thing that I havent tried is totally resetting xbox. I think this will all get sorted out after holiday season.

Sorry to hear that. And based on jwpvb3885’s response below it doesn’t sound like this is going to be cleared up anytime soon, since Microsoft has already replied to him and it didn’t help.

That’s discouraging, especially since the reply from Microsoft didn’t help. I know I can purchase various items from other sources, but I prefer using the Marketplace since like you I have both an Xbox and a PC. Some vendors allow you to use their products on both systems without having to purchase them twice which is a nice option.

I really wish Microsoft would just pull the Marketplace out of the sim and make it available separately like they do on the Xbox. I also find it frustrating that I have to go through the whole load, check for updates, etc. just to get to the Marketplace if I’m looking for something. Maybe if the sim loaded in a reasonable amount of time it wouldn’t be such a pain.

1 Like

You have to go through the Zendesk to get this fixed. I had the same problem with a purchase almost a month ago. The buy/download button was grayed out on both my Xbox and PC. Resetting the Xbox, restarting, clearing cache, etc., doesn’t work. The only thing that will clear this is for the Zendesk to clear/fix whatever the issue is. It took about 36 hours from the time I submitted the request until they fixed it. After that, everything was back to normal.

1 Like

I know. I posted this on Zendesk last Tuesday and hadn’t heard anything, hence I posted here on the off chance someone else had come up with a solution. I figure with my luck they’ll finally get around to addressing it on Tuesday the 21st, the day after the sale I was hoping to take advantage of.

Hi

Well I had similar issue was caused but a purchase / download fault that locked up my market place. Zen Desk had to clear that out from my profile. I also couldn’t use my payment info which was a CC same problem box was grayed out… so switched to to a pay pal account and since everything has worked perfectly

yes . I always check my content manager on xbox sometimes I get a pleasant surprise. LVFR is pretty quick at offering xbox versions. which because I own on PC ingame marketplace are listed as OWNED and downloadable… Orbx are quite slow in this. but eventually it happens.

Where is everyone from? I’m Australian, Auto connected to East US Server, I’ve had almost no issue whatsoever but one when using the Marketplace. I’ve never had greyed “buy and download”, “buy” buttons from the start, Sometimes when making a purchase and clicking on these buttons they’ll grey out and the pop up checkout menu doesn’t load up. It then precedes to tell me in the notifications part in the corner that it’s failed.

I wonder if this is region specific or server related? Our stores would be different with each country because of our specific currency used as well as the associated country’s taxes that may get added. Rebooting the game usually clears the problem for me though. This should get investigated by those in charge.

I’m from Central Europe, Poland.

1 Like

just got a reply from Microsoft they fixed my account and told me to boot up Fs and install an update which fixed my Marketplace Issues… Thankyou great!!!

1 Like

I received the same notification and I was able to do the same and complete my purchases before the sale expired. So anyone “looking over our shoulder” if you haven’t posted a message on the zendesk board for support make sure you do.

Oh, and I’m from Arizona

I have a question i want to buy off of market place and it keeps telling me Flightsim credit what are they talking about?
I’m having the same problem

To be honest I have no idea. I just hit the Buy option and it says I have credit in the amount of the item I’m purchasing. It then proceeds to charge my associated account with that amount and purchases the item in question and downloads it. My best guess is it’s some type of procedure that allows the sim Marketplace to pass along your purchase information to the actual Microsoft Store which handles the actual purchase.

One of the reasons I wish they would just separate the Marketplace from the sim so that we could make purchases directly in the store like I can when I’m purchasing something for my PC or Xbox. As a matter of fact, my guess is the reason for the “stuck” transaction that they had to clear was related to the fact I was looking at something in the store when the sim crashed and probably caused the “stick”.

With regards to having the same problem make sure you post it on the Zendesk support site, Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com), to make sure they see it and can help you resolve it.

This is an answer from Zendesk - unfortunately it doesn’t work for me.

Thanks for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support.

If the message “Payment failed” appears before being prompted to confirm your payment information, simply log out of the game, restart the console, and try again.

If the problem persists, clear the cache of your console. To do so you have two options.

Cold restart

Turn off your console

Unplug the power cord from the back of the console

Wait for two to three minutes

After two to three minutes, plug the power cord back and restart your system

Clear the persistent storage

Press the Xbox button on your controller

Go to your Profile

Select “Settings”

Select “Devices and Connections”

Click “Blu-Ray” in your menu

Select the “Persistent Storage”

Click “Clear Persistent Storage"

If you are using wifi, use a cable connection instead.

If the payment process failed, please do the following instead:

Even if the information seems correct, enter a new payment option, or delete the current payment option and re-enter it. For detailed instructions, see: Update your billing address and payment options. NOTE: If your payment method is about to expire (<30 days), you’ll need to enter a new valid payment method.

A privacy and online safety setting for your Microsoft account may be preventing you from making purchases. Sign in to the Privacy section of your Microsoft account and review your settings. Privacy settings

If you’re still having trouble purchasing from the Marketplace, please do the following:

1. PAYPAL

Your PayPal account may have a different country/region listed than your payment method does. If they don’t match, you’ll need to update your PayPal account or payment method or use another payment method to complete the purchase. To add another method of payment:

Sign in to the Microsoft account you want to update.
Microsoft account

Go to Payment & billing and select Payment options.

Under Payment methods, you can select Add a new payment method, View or edit card, or Remove card.

Enter your updated info, and select Save. You’re done unless you see more prompts.

2. BILLING ADDRESS

Make sure the billing address for your Microsoft account matches the billing address you use with your credit card company. Also, make sure that your card’s expiration date hasn’t passed.

Microsoft account

Under Payment methods, select View or edit card.

Enter your updated info, and select Save. You’re done unless you see more prompts.

3. CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY OR BANK

The purchase might have failed for the following reasons:

The credit card hasn’t been activated.

The credit card was declined due to insufficient funds.

The credit card can’t accept online purchases or automatic billing.

The credit card company is intentionally preventing the card from being used.

Contact your credit card company or bank and make sure that the payment method you’re using was activated, that it has available funds, and that the transaction isn’t being blocked for some reason.

4. TOO MANY TRIES

Try again later. The purchase might be blocked for one of the following reasons:

Too many recent declined purchase attempts occurred.

The Microsoft account or the payment method is being used from a suspicious location.

The payment method you provided may have a violation for non-payment that’s preventing it from being used for new purchases.

Wait and try the transaction again in 24 to 48 hours.

5. CHANGE PAYMENT METHOD

Use a different payment method. Your payment method might have a billing decline violation against it or a previously unpaid balance. If this is the case, you’ll need to provide a different credit card for the purchase.

Microsoft account

Under Payment methods, select Add a new payment method.

Enter the new payment info, and select Save. You’re done unless you see more prompts.

6. INFORMATION MISMATCH

Make sure that the region of your payment method matches the region of your Xbox Console and Microsoft Account (i.e. if your credit card is from the US, make sure that your billing address is in the US and that your Xbox is set to the US (System > Language and Location > Language EN-US, Location US)

ADDITIONAL TROUBLESHOOTING

Contact Xbox Support
Your Xbox console or Microsoft account may have been banned or Microsoft may have detected suspicious activity and is preventing charges. To see if this is causing your issue, visit Xbox Support and click on the Contact Us button.

So you’re getting a payment failed message rather than grayed out buttons like I and others have had? If that’s the case, then I’m not sure what could be happening.

You mentioned you were in Poland. I’m assuming there is a Microsoft Store for your country correct and that you’re not trying to purchase through the US store via a VPN or something are you? If so, that may be the reason for the failure. I know in the past there were certain areas in the world where you couldn’t purchase some things from Microsoft that way as there were certain licensing/marketing restrictions that would prevent it when it showed that your payment wasn’t coming from an area where they were selling their products.

If you are having the same problem I had regarding the grayed out buttons then I’d recommend replying to their solution you posted and make sure they understand that it wasn’t that your payment failed but the fact that you couldn’t order the item due to the grayed out buttons.

Good luck! I hope you can get it worked out.

Firstly I had problem with failed payment and then buy-buttons in Marketplace for all of stuff were gone grayed out. I replied them, if they could cancel my failed payment - I saw in the Internet, that resolve this problem in one case. I’m waiting for response.

Earlier all of buttons I had active, so I think this isn’t problem with region restrictrions.

Ah, well then they should be getting back to you shortly. I originally posted my message, on Zendesk, regarding the grayed out buttons on Tuesday the 14th. They responded on Monday the 20th letting me know there was a stuck transaction and that they had cleared it. So it took 6 days. Not sure when you first submitted on Zendesk, but if my response is a guide figure it will be 6 days after you posted your ticket.

They canceled failed payment and marketplace began to work :slight_smile: