c++SimConnect - Toggle Autothrottle programatically without mapping input

Hey fellow SimConnecters

I’m looking for a way to toggle the Autothrottle state without mapping an input to it. How can i do that?

I figured out that i can monitor the SimVar like this:

That’s great and all but “AUTOTHROTTLE ACTIVE” is not settable.

I also know that i could map inputs to events like this:

But what i actually want to do is just send a command to toggle Autothrottle when a variable in my code changes.
Basically what you would do with settable simVars and SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject. But this SimVar is not settable.

How can i do that?

cheers André

I’m testing SimConnect_TransmitClientEvent() right now, which seems to do the trick.

Im trying to do the same thing but with “Recip Manifold pressure”, which is not in the Event_Ids. when setting a custom.event in the sdk examples, they never define which event they are trying to set. Would you know how I would declare which simVar I am trying to create a Cusom Event of? In my case, RECIP ENG MANIFOLD PRESSURE:1

Can you elaborate on the steps you did? I am trying to fire an event. As far as I know I have to

SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent(hSimConnect, EVENT_LANDING_LIGHT_ON, "LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE" );

Then fire the event:

SimConnect_TransmitClientEvent(hSimConnect, 0, EVENT_LANDING_LIGHT_ON, 0, SIMCONNECT_GROUP_PRIORITY_HIGHEST, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG_GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);

I can’t get it to change the ingame light status so I am missing something.

Thanks,
Chris

I ask the question and figure the answer later.

The correct invocation is :
SimConnect_TransmitClientEvent(hSimConnect, SIMCONNECT_OBJECT_ID_USER, EVENT_LANDING_LIGHT_ON, 0, SIMCONNECT_GROUP_PRIORITY_HIGHEST, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG_GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);
Cheers,
Chris