C172 Classic VR Pilot Camera Position is broken (too low in the seat)

One big Web Browser APP :scream:

I was able to fix the C172 classic’s view point, by actually using the camera.cfg file for the C172 G1000 (which has a normal viewpoint). I just copied the last view setting right at the end of the file ‘VRPilot’ 's ‘xyz’ coordinates from the G1000 cfg file to the C172 classic.

Its just one line that has to have a different set of numbers, and save it.

1 Like

You aren’t alone in finding default view in C172 a bit odd. As someone said, in most planes I tend to lower my viewpoint but in C172, I have to always go higher.

What I find is that in G2 I can adjust the view high freely. However, with Quest 2 there seems to be an invisible ceiling, quite a low one, so I’m stuck with the top of the panel at the eye level.

My move to Q2 more less coincided with the beta so not sure whether this is SU10 or Q2 issue.

I have move up , down, forward, backward commands mapped in Voice Attack and also center view so I with my voice move myself into my correct position. In the classic Cessna 172 I find the seeing just a little of the cowling is correct for me and moved forward a bit from default.

At 5’6" in real life, even with a cushion that made reaching the pedals a stretch, I still had difficulty even seeing the cowling.

The c172 has an exceptionally high dash and the pedals are hard to reach. You end up in a seating position that has the yoke in your chest when pulling back in flair.

There is a reason these sort of mods for real life c172 are common:

I am the same height IRL. I trained in a real Cessna 172 and before each lesson I moved the seat as high as it would go and as far forward as it would go as part of my pre-flight.

I did my pilot training back in 2008 > 20010 and ended up with 108 hours in a 172.

They have a dedicated VR team, Marcel tells us at every Q&A. I have no idea what they actually do though, probably all need firing.

You can set the custom views 1-0 in VR as well. That’s what I’ve done for position one, moved up and forward a bit to where I like it, press CTRL ALT 1 then set a button on my yoke to do Alt 1 to set it in VR.

1 Like

Err, ok if you say so.

On a positive note let us try helping by being constructive on detailing what we can do to make the sim better as a user.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.