C172 classic VS c172 G1000 after SU9:

Hi

I think the G1000 new CFD prop simulation is closer to the real Cessna 172 prop,
but the controls response of classic C172 is better and close to real C172.

G1000 C172 now lack of adverse yaw :frowning:

We had a big discussion during the beta about this. The developers didn’t get around to implementing all of the suggestions, but some of them.

Ha! But someone in the beta said it had at least adverse yaw now.
Sometimes I get the idea that we are a bunch of wise guys’n gals with a big mouth about what we need for realism, and when there’s a release of something along those lines we don’t really know how to test it. Look at all the different comments on this issue. No one on this forum has given us a straight answer apart from ’it feels a bunch better now’ (including myself) :crazy_face:

I tried flying the 172 with the steam gauges and the Garmin just keep saying initializing. I did the market place update for the Garmin but am I missing something?

The marketplace Garmin is the G1000 NXi. The one in the steam gauge C172 is a GNS530. They’re unrelated to each other.

Perhaps at some point you installed the PMS50 GNS 530 mod and it’s way out of date?

1 Like

that was it! thanks!

Whaaat? I believe it’s way better (it was in the beta at least), just fly close to stall speed and throw the ailerons full left and full right, there should be loads of yaw.

There is alot of adverse yaw also in 80-100 kts.

I spend 50% of my work day by saying to my student pilots to add more rudder to stick inpots :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last time I checked (beta) adverse yaw is realistic, maybe they changed something.

It’s still the same build# as that beta build, nothing noticeably different in the live version that I’ve seen so far either this week.

1 Like

I checked both flight_model.cfg of new and old C172G1000
I tried to add the new lines from the old CFG to the new one,
and I noticed the line block cause adverse yaw to despaired and strange response of the rudder was:

presspt_fwd_Alpha0_pMAC = 0.0
presspt_fwd_AlphaStall_pMAC = 0.1
presspt_fwd_AlphaHiStall_pMAC = -0.25
StallDef_StartRatio = 0.9
StallDef_EndRatio = 1.4;
StallDef_CurvePower = 1.1;
StallDef_minTransition = 0.025;
StallDef_airflowdetachspeed = 10
StallDef_airflowattachspeed = 10
Stall_AileronAddIncidence = 1
Stall_TipAddIncidence = 2.0
Stall_TipAddTwist = 5
Stall_TipTwistScaleRatio = 1.0

so this problem is not connected to nice CFD simulation

Asobo and other 3 party companies! please let us to edit at least flight_model.cfg to match real world response of the aircraft!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.