This a mod of the default C172 turning it into a C172 JT-A. The JT-A is also know as the Redbird or C172 TDI. The visual model is identical.
This C172 has the Continental CD155 155 HP engine. This is a turbocharged diesel engine controled by a FADEC, similar to the DA40TDI, but with 20 more ponies. The sound file is from the DA40NG.
The FADEC runs just like the DA40 and DA62 Mods. No need to control mixture and prop.
- Faster cruise speeds at higher altitudes
- Smoother less twitchy control compared to default
- Improved Cl table and stall characteristics
- Increased flap lift and drag
- Tighter turn radius on the ground
- Compatible with the Working Title G1000 mod
- Added systems and fuel page with funtional fuel totaliser
- Correct Engine and Ammeter indication behaviour
- CAS messages added for Engine, Failures and other systems.
- ECU run-up
- Functional windshield defrost
- Simulated fuel/gearbox temperature
- Improved autopilot PIDs with correct lateral and vertical limitations
- Improved External lighting (Uwajimaya’s mod)
- Added white Navlight
- Strobes behave like Quad Flash strobes
- Unique livery included by @BilingualHarp7
- Oil and fuel starvation when flying inverted.
- Fuel totaliser can be reset using the ELT
- Turn on Battery master
- Turn on engine master to both (Magneto key)
- Wait for glow indication to extinguish
- Aviontics, etc. as normal.
- Flick the 12v cabin power switch and let it run. The switch will rest itself