C208B Grand Caravan EX Mods General

Is the Generator OFF issue still a thing, or is it fixed?

1 Like

Blame on me:
Has the prop lever any impact? I canā€™t see any huge changes on RPM,ā€¦

Ages ago I downloaded the mod for this and was having a few issues with itā€¦ flew the Caravan for the first time in a long timeā€¦

I cant seem to be able to adjust the altitude on the autopilot, it just stays blue and dashed, also the route planning seems a bit fiddlyā€¦ when scolling through to the approaches etc when pusing enter, it wont go into the options for the first few pushes but randomly works if you have been going in other menus. Is there an update or something Iā€™m missingā€¦
Alsoā€¦
What screen/gps do you enter your flightplan into? The center screen or the pilot screen?

Assuming youā€™re using the G1000 NXi with the mod, sounds like you have a conflict going on. Try removing any liveries first, then try the mod without any other addons. All the things you say are not functioning should work fine providing there are no conflicting addons.

With the imminent release of SU10, how is your experience with this mod during the beta? Any problem?

This is my favorite mod and Iā€™m concerned about the compatibility with the new SU and particularly with the NXi.

Ditto. Howā€™s the mod with SU10? Does it still work?

Here itā€™s still working

1 Like

Yep, Iā€™ve been flying more than two hours without problems. The weather radar is great! I love this mod.

1 Like

Please post a screenshot from the weather radar

Some wishes for the next update or mod:
Alerts as in the video: 1000ft (1:27) and Minimums (5:23)

Cessna C208 Caravan - visual approach - cockpit view with ATC! Full 4K! - YouTube

Still broken.

Itā€™s been awhile since Iā€™ve flown the Caravan but Iā€™m using the branch devloped by @NewoPL and I havenā€™t encountered any issues. SU10 also fixed the bug with the FD not disengaging. One small thing Iā€™ve noticed is that the TRQ needle flutters a lotā€“canā€™t remember if this behavior was in SU9. Anyways, this branch does resolve the GEN OFF annunciator too.

Hello, I donā€™t know if this feature has been requested but it would be awesome if the Allt select knob on the GFC700 could speed sensitive if thatā€™s the word for it. Right now it can only go at one speed when dragging with the mouse increasing by 100s and not by 1000s. It sucks when you have to set the Altimeter to 10,000 or more before takeoff lol.

2 Likes

Some heading bugs are like that. I hate the ones that arenā€™t. Especially in VR. Takes like a hundred turns to get where we want.

Have you tried flicking the mouse wheel, assuming your mouse has a wheel? When you flick the wheel, the ALT flies along.

I have tried it, but itā€™s slower for some reason than holding and dragging

A lot of folks have external controls for these common controls. Personally I never use a mouse for flying and have acceleration on all these knobs that sometimes require large inputs such as the hdg bug, course needles, obs dials etc. For the altitude I use a dual encoder with the outer set for 1000ft inc/dec and the inner for 100ft. This kind of setup gets rid of this virtual cockpit control frustration.

1 Like

Mine is saying it right now.

To clear the generator off warning even after placing the generator switch to reset or even trip then reset, I found that after startup place the started switch down to motor. It clears the warning.

Great Mod still working fine.

Not had an issue with a gen off warning. Did you also try gen switch to trip then reset?