C414AW Tail Number

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

user e entered Tail Number not recognized by ATC. User entered CallSign is recognized

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

from world map, click on plane in upper left corner, select Flysimware C414AW. Under Customization, enter values for TailNumber and CallSign. Begin flight and watch the ATC window. The value you entered for TailNumber is not used/recognized.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello,
Could you please try this with an aircraft that was made by Microsoft or Asobo?

Note that this plane, C414AW, is from the in-sim MarketPlace, not an install from a 3rd-party website. My Community folder is empty. All of the planes I have in the sim were either installed as part of the Premium Deluxe purchase or acquired and installed directly from the in-sim MarketPlace.

I regularly fly the following and NONE of them have the issue:
Daher DA40NG
Textron Aviation Beechcraft Baron G58
Textron Aviation Beechcraft King Air 350i
Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk
Textron Aviation Cessna Citation CJ4
CubCrafters X Cub
Carenado PA44 Seminole (MarketPlace purchase)
Microsoft/Aeroplane Heaven DC-3 Enhanced (MarketPlace freebie)

In each case, I can select the aircraft, set the TAIL NUMBER and CALL SIGN and they show during the flight; visually using External Veiw, textually in the ATC window and audibly in the headphones. That is NOT true for the C414AW.

The “C414AW Chancellor / FlySimWare” (MarketPlace labeling) was purchased and installed from the in-sim MarketPlace. There were no issues during the purchase, download or install.

I could be wrong, but I understood that the DC-3 was developed by Aeroplane Heaven and ‘acquired’ by Microsoft/Asobo for MarketPlace release. Whether that qualifies as being ‘made’ by MS/Asobo, I’m not sure. I do know that the DC-3 allows the TailNumber to be set by the user and recognized by ATC.

Also, the aircraft “type” is missing for the C414AW.

Hello, this thread is getting moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft. I understand it was purchased in the Marketplace, however it was not commissioned by MS/Asobo, and therefore the support model works like any other third party item regardless of the “store” it was purchased from - meaning if you bought it through Marketplace, Orbx, SimMarket, etc., you must contact the manufacturer to get support. Thanks!

Some links you might find helpful:

https://flysimware.com/website2019/troubleshooting-msfs-2020/

https://flysimware.com/website2019/contact/