Calm before the storm?

Is it just me or it`s getting a bit quiet here. No patches, fixes, nothing !! Or is the calm before the big World update next week ?

2 Likes

Had Christmas and new year and more virus restrictions, but expect the devs are working hard getting the world update and other fixes ready for release. But the pace of updates hasn’t really changed much and they did plan to spread updates out more to stop more bugs being introduced, can’t remember when that is planned for.

3 Likes

Was hoping for a hot fix for the spikes in the mesh, the bug introduced with the last patch…no sign of it unfortunately so far!

8 Likes

I thought they said it was coming soon on the previous development blog/update.

1 Like

A fix was investigated and subsequently identified. As it is certainly not an issue that would prevent you from playing the game, it was likely determined a hot fix was not needed or not feasible.

There has been lots of communication: I suggest you view the home page or the #community:news-and-announcements sections.

4 Likes

…indeed but that promise has not materialised. Last I know they said it was in beta testing.

1 Like

My hope is that they are finally tired of introducing major bugs with every single update and they’ll start spreading them out more and doing more testing. They already stated that the fix for the spikes is in beta test, so, that’s an encouraging sign.

7 Likes

maybe it’ll be introduced in World Update 3 :crossed_fingers:

Are you kidding??? I actually DID stop playing the game because of the spikes. They were everywhere where I fly.

I did install the fix from flightsim.to and that fixed it. But, yes, I did stop playing the game when this bug appeared.

7 Likes

It is an issue…big one, total spoiler actually!..and has been reported some time ago as well.

6 Likes

Not kidding at all. It was not a game breaking issue. Typically hot fixes are reserved for issues that break something for a vast majority of users disabling their ability to actually play the game. Terrain spikes in no way prevented you from playing the game. Yes, they were funny looking malformed pieces of terrain, but they were just that.

11 Likes

+1 ditto indeedo :blush:

1 Like

Obviously we wholeheartedly disagree with you. It was a game breaking issue. Period. Maybe you are cool with seeing towering spikes and plateaus everywhere where you fly. I could not. That bug broke the game for me. Fortunately, a mod was able to create a fix for it a couple weeks later because they had a backup of older files. Let it go. You’re arguing with dissatisfied customers and won’t get anywhere trying to say how we feel is wrong.

I Stopped playing the game because of it . You are wrong. This broke the game for me.

4 Likes

I got so fed up of seeing “pyramids” everywhere in the UK that I took off from Cairo to count the “pyramids” there - to my surprise the only pyramids to be seen were the real ones!

3 Likes

LoL…indeed. My concern however is if the mod actually is reducing performance in render…although was great that someone here actually cared about this issue and had the skills and knowledge to help fellows simmers so quickly and efectively !

1 Like

I’m a customer as well. I’m not employed with Asobo or Microsoft. As a fully paying customer I’m saying no, it was not deemed game breaking and thus that is why no hot fix was sent in. I personally saw the spikes while flying but not at every single turn, I was still able to enjoy the game. Unfortunate that you weren’t. In any case, it’ll likely be fixed in the upcoming update.

8 Likes

That’s interesting. I never saw that fix. But, then again, I got tired of seeing the hundreds of threads posted about the issue.

I have no idea where you’re getting off on thinking that you can tell us our feelings are wrong and trying to excuse it. We’re not here for your benefit. You are here to help us.

1 Like

I hope so and looking forward for the England fix as well to cheer us up in these difficult times !

2 Likes

That makes more sense about what you were saying. You should have said that first. Please communicate to the powers that be how very many of us disagree with that assessment. Unless they felt it was ok because somebody else posted a fix. But, in any event, they should have communicated better. I let it slide in my head because it was the holidays and I know they’ve been working hard and deserved a vacation, but, to hear that statement does not make me happy. Especially when they announced a hot fix would be coming!

Obviously you struck a nerve here. I don’t mean to offend you, but, please don’t try to tell me what’s important to me. I’m an extremely understanding person, but, this was a MAJOR bug in Southern New Hampshire and the surrounding area where I fly. I DID stop playing the game because of it.

I didn’t care at all that snow cover was broken in the US. But the spikes broke the game for me.
And I’m pretty sure that the hundreds of threads that needed to be combined should have indicated to everybody that it was a major problem for a majority of customers.

As you’re a moderator of this forum, I have to admit I’m surprised to hear you say that when you guys spent so much time combining all those threads together.

1 Like

There were areas where I normally fly that I could no longer because of said spikes and new mountains blocking approaches. But the community mod to fix it resolved it for the time being.

I didn’t expect this would get fixed before the next update, even though initial communications from CMs suggested (although didn’t outright claim) that a hotfix would be forthcoming. I keep my expectations low in these matters, and I’m never disappointed.

1 Like