Camera ctd 1.9.3

Same issue here. Happened multiple times flying Heathrow to Glasgow A320Neo.
Focuses on a random object, can’t turn it off, and then CTD. Never happened before the patch. Very frustrating!

Same here. CTD on downwind, Haneda approach after camera shenanigans. King Air, Japan Discovery flight.

Happened to me as well, right now, I was flying GA and the camera started pointing uncontrolled towards my destination, just before landing.

And it CTD, after 1.5hrs of flying.

So frustrating.

Same here, camera moved of it’s own accord, I deactivated smart cam which then lasted a few seconds before CTD. Flying the Mooney I’d been airborne for 45 minutes. But a positive, the avionics did not crash!

I also run into this all the time now… Upvote for visibility

Same here. It’s as if the camera is fixated on a point of interest and won’t release. Then the right mouse button zooms in.

1 Like

Same here
Camera starts to move than after 10-15 seconds a CTD

1 Like

Same issue here, uughh. So many issues this patch, the game gets worse when they’re supposed to fix things. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Video https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/744961208049860699/760940274112266271/2020-09-30_14-46-48_Segment_0_VP8.webm

Mostly pressing “Reset View”

wow… just had this in a dreamliner… is there any plane at the moment the we can play without getting crashes, camerabugs, bunnyhops (aka dolfindance)?

or is every aircraft completely unplayeble right now?

1 Like

Just had this happen, was somewhere above London in the A320. Camera decided that I had to look behind me, couldn’t control it anymore then crashed to desktop.

1 Like

I had this CDT for the first time near Tokio airport with a lot off real world planes (an a lot of scenery) around. First the screens turned black. A little bit later the camera goes crazy and then CDT.
Maybe it has the same cause. The temporary fix for the black screen is to turn only generic planes on. Thats what i will try to prevent both.

The problem is Smart Cam seems to be functioning as if it’s in automatic mode with no way to disable it. Removing ALL ambient aircraft (including multiplayer) can alleviate some of it but there’s instances where you’ll lock on, say, your approach runway, which is fine until you pass to touchdown it and then you’re looking at backwards at your seat the rest of the landing.

1 Like

well i reinstall the game and tested with all generic aircraft. but still crashing. so i will test with no ambient aircraft and try to disable any marks of the airports and poi’s.

my right mouse click was zooming in and out for some reason, couldnt look around the cockpit or around in the external view without it zooming in and then out every time i right clicked.

after trying to make it go away, CTD. cool.

Same here just 20 nm before landing, Camera starts to move to runway direction, than after 10-15 seconds a CTD.
Happens 4 out of 5 times already with 3 different Planes on different places, so im out till it gets fixed.
Got better things to do, then just waste my time flying hours on hours just to crash on final approach most of the time.

3 Likes

I believe I may have a semi-solution, I’m willing to bet most people use Right Click to position the camera in cockpit view, however one slight right click activates (and probably hold active) what’s called “Cockpit focus view” I have removed this from my mouse profile, it hasn’t stopped the smart cam activation completely but I maintain better control over the camera and can fix it momentarily opening the camera panel from the toolbar. I actually have video of Smart Cam self activating now. (with the camera panel up) I didn’t get any CTD’s while experimenting with this.

1 Like

Jeah i did the same right after my first flight yesterday, doesn´t change anything for me with CTD´s, they still happen most of the time…

I even deleted every Keybind related to smartcam, doesn´t change anything too

It’s fine the self activation with settings off is very real. I wish I knew how to stop it too.

6 Likes

I seem to be having better luck with no traffic what-so-ever.