Can a marketplace add on crash the game/reduce performance?

Hi, very generic question I know but since especially in VR this game is rather picky is it risky to get marketplace addons? Can they add bugs, decrease performance or even crash the game?
Thanks

Addons will cause problems of all kinds, but even the vanilla game will cause them too. If unsure, remove every addon from the Community folder and pray to God.
Every single time the game updates, we are in risk of breaking everything. But for them it is easy, they will say “uninstall every addon”, and thats it. Even they paid ones could potentially cause problems

while I haven’t experienced any yet, I am pretty sure they can.
Especially “decrease performance” can be an issue.
3rd party can be very detailed and therefore come with a high demand on hardware resources.
And when this demand is higher than what your hardware can provide, this for sure can cause a CTD as well.

This of course is not limited to 3rd party from the marketplace, but for any source you get them from.

Ok thanks. that’s what I thought - the game is complex enough as it is and I was already curious to try more stuff! I’ll wait a bit before I dive into the marketplace!!!

you can try the free stuff for a start to see how your system can handle it.
The is a free section and a pretty nice german airport from Aerosoft.
This gives you an idea without spending money.

And of course you find tons of good, free stuff on flightsim.to as well.
Some with quality that definitely meets the paymware standards…

ANd if it doesnt work well for you, you just remove it again…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.