Can I land the Milviz Corsair on an aircraft carrier

I have been trying to land my Corsair on at least 6 different aircraft carriers with no luck. I have made many perfect approaches and touchdowns but cannot get the tail hook to catch a wire. I have touched down right on the wires, right before the wires, at less than 100 mph. I have been quite successful landing the FA 18 on various carriers but I can’t get a wire with this Corsair. Has anyone else accomplished this task? If so please post a reply.

f

I’m the only one who has tried to land a Corsair on a carrier?

If I find an aircraft carrier that will catch me I’ll post it here.

1 Like

Using miltech simulations “USS Lexington” addon with their external program I’ve landed on their WWII carriers in the Corsair. Great fun.

Yeah, same here. I have actually not tried in a while since it was a bit frustrating. I tried a couple of add-on carrier mods with the same results, but I don’t think I’ve tried the Miltech add-on mentioned here so I’ll have to give it a go. Still plan to try this in the F6F Hellcat when I purchase it.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into them.

I have the Hellcat and the Corsair. I haven’t yet tried to land the Hellcat on any of the carriers I have. But I will give it a go tonight. I think I might be able to stop with brakes if I can keep from nosing over. There were a couple of times I almost tried but just gunned it for a go around.

It has been a few days since I said I would try to land the Hellcat on a carrier. I had to get a little practice in with the Hellcat since I haven’t flown it for about a month. So after a day of re-familiarizing myself with the Hellcat I tried a landing on the USS Enterprise at Wallops. The first attempt I had to wave off but on the second try I landed. I hit the brakes and stopped just short of going over the bow of the boat. I tried to takeoff from the carrier but couldn’t keep the plane straight and not enough speed so crashed in the water in front of the boat. So I started over at Wallops and headed out to the carrier to try another landing. This time I know I caught a wire because after I stopped the wire pulled me back a little. I tried another takeoff and the result was worse than the first attempt. So I can land the Hellcat on the carrier but I need some help with the launch.