NOT SOLVED YET: Can no longer add waypoints or POI between departure and arrival in worldmap

Update 2:
Ik thought I solved the problem, but I do not know when exactly and how, but the problem of ADDing something in between departure and arrival is still there.
My hope (see update hereafter) did not solve the problem, though I can use the NAV button, provided I 'm flying not too far off course when I’m pushing the burtton.

Original post:
I use #pc version of flightsim for a year now. I bougt the most complete version. No Steam. I usually fly short VFR Direct GPS flights in the Cessna 172 G1000. Since WU 6 I cannot add a POI in my flightplan by clicking on a POI in the Worldmap. Leftclicking on the icon opens up the usual menu with SET AS DEPARTURE, SET AS ARRIVAL and ADD, but leftclicking on ADD does not do anything, Setting arrival or departure runways in the same way from Worldmap is no problem, What can be wrong?

Upgrading to WU 6 was not immediately succesful, while previous updates were fine. Ik got an error first, and in safe mode all seemed to go well. But in the next days MS wanted to update two or three times more. Which seemed to go fine. In between these small extra updates there was a moment that I could add POI’s in the flightplan between Departure and Arrival.

I am not sure about the exact order in which updates and errors occured, it might have been a little different. The constant updates messed up my mind as well.

Thanks for reading

Gerard
UPDATE 1:
I might have found the solution. It seems to be connected with the latest (0.6.0) update of the Garmin 1000 Nxi.

I had trouble as well getting into NAV mode (GPS) when clicking the left display. The button turned a quick yellow, but was still Off according to the menu. I thought that there was some aviation prupose for this, that I must have done something wrong and that the new G1000 update didn’t allow for these mistakes anymore.

Then I tried pushing the NAV button in the right display. And Oh wonder, there it worked just as I previously expected. Even better: the left display NAV button was awake again as well. So … going to the worldmap to check if my ADD POI problem was solved and indeed. Now I can make a flightplan with Added POI’s .

All in all it seems like there’s a bug still in the Nxi 0.6.0 in syncronising both displays that is connected to the flightplan as well.

I thougt to mention this here, hoping others have some use for my considerations.

Gerard

I have the same issue. Can’t add any POI that I want to sightsee over. Not sure if the Nxi is causing the issue. Flying in the C152 with no GPS and it still happens. As for the NAV button not engaging you have to be within the capture area of the flight path for that to work properly. Not sure exactly what it is but once you are within a certain distance and angle off your planned track then NAV mode will engage. This is with the Nxi which is much better than the default I reckon.

Thank you for setting that straight. It doesn’t have anything to do with the Nxi apparently. The NAV button ‘problem’ was indeed a pilot error. The original MSFS G1000 somehow didn’t care for that error. Although I’m not sure about that. Anyway, nice to know I’m not the only one with the POI failure.

Gerard

I might gave solved the ADD POI point in betweet departure and arrival problem. Since I usually fly short flights, half an hour is long, departure and arrival are close. Somehow I cannot ADD POI then. Now I tried longer flightplans and there seems to be no problem. I don’t really understand that, and when I started simming with fs2020 there never was a problem with adding points, and I always flew small fp’s. But so far it seems to be the case. On the other hand, it might be just coincidence. I’ll let you all know

Gerard

Finally …

I checked the devMode and noticed that under Options / Debug Drawing, POI was checked. I haven’t the faintest idea how this was set. but I unchecked it and I seem to be able to add POI in between departure and arrival now.

You never know, I thougt the problem was solved earlier, but now I really think it might be so.

Keep my finger crossed

Thanks for reading.

I have the same issue now, since recently… I can’t exactly recall when this issue first occured, but it is probably only a few weeks ago. I also checked the developer mode - options, but this was OK, no tickmark at “POI”… Any more ideas???