Can someone explain bushtrips?

Can someone explain how the bushtrips thing is supposed to work?

I started up the first trip, and it started with a route on the little map, but I did something wrong and decided to restart… when I started again from the runway, there’s nothing on the map anymore.

Is this intentional? Are you supposed to just manually write down all the way points at the start and work from your own manual flight plan?

I thought that the map and gps would help guide where you’re supposed to go? Otherwise I don’t really see the difference between this and just going to the world map… the sim might as well just give you a list of cool places to fly if you have to work it all out anyway?

Im not complaining as such, as using the world map and doing my own plans has all been part of learning the sim anyway, and it’s fun… but I just don’t really understand the point of the bushtrips section? Am I missing something?

I’m afraid that showing the route on the map will reduce your final score.

The idea is to use the navlog to navigate to your destination.

Maybe do the VFR training missions in the c152, for some pointers

Ok, cool. Thanks. It just confused me that first time I started the mission, it automatically opened the map and had the route already planned in.

So the Bush trips are basically mini vfr missions. Got it.

Thanks for explaining :slight_smile:

Hey @Gleneagle. I relocated your post here to the #community:world-discovery subcategory where bush trips are discussed. I also added a “bush trips” tag to help with searchability. Glad you found a helpful solution.

It’s a bug. The flight path (white line) should be on the VFR map at all times. The challenge is that your aircraft is not on the map, so you have to synchronize what you see with what the map shows. It can be done without the line appearing, but originally it was always there. Sadly, nowadays if you quit after finishing a leg, or restart a leg, the flight path can disappear and you’re left with an empty VFR map.

The way to cirumvent this is to finish a leg, then select continue, and when the next leg starts (plane on the runway), quit. This way when you reload the current leg the flight path will still be there.

2 Likes

When the aircraft has a GPS, I just punch in the designation airport for the leg and just go sightseeing along the way. You just have to make sure you land at the correct airport in the correct order.

Never had a failed leg yet.

The route disappearing on the map is a bug. There’s some other posts around here on that one. This bug might be solved in Su10, according to the current planning.
Showing the route does not cost you points. The Back on track function does.

1 Like