Can’t Hear ATC and Other Aircraft after SU11

I will check the settings to see what the update may have turned off. :roll_eyes:

ATC is not speaking . There is no audio . Su11 has made ATC vanish on my end

1 Like

That’ll be the day lol.
Oh I wish.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No but should be irrelevant. I use FSLTL for ground static “traffic” only.

Brief description of the issue:

I think look at the screenshot will be easier. Note that the traffic in question never replies, and these bugged approach instructions do not block ATC commands (i.e. in theory you can interrupt them). This happens for many other traffic I encountered.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly and monitor ATC conversation.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Irrelevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

uhhh what is the current SU11 one? I’m flying now so I can’t look it up. Looking for alternative ways to get the version number, meanwhile please allow me to leave it like this.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

It’s a local issue either with your install, your settings or the server. I haven’t had this problem since SU11 release day and then it was only for a few hours. I had to change my DATA settings because ALL online data got screwed up by the update, including photogrammetry, weather, voices, multiplayer. Everything. Try fiddling with settings on your end rather than passively waiting for Asobo to remotely fix it. They may not even know about your issue. Why wait for them?

The fact that most people don’t have this problem should be good evidence for you.

Or don’t. Just wait for the situation to fix itself.

I have the same issue no ATC or other voices only text in upper corner

1 Like

Actually this is a problem that has been around for well over a year and Asobo have confirmed it and it is logged as a bug, and it is still happening.

Yes as I said it’s an intermittent problem. It resolves itself eventually. Did you read my post?

I have no ATC voice, but only when flying the A310. ATC sounds are normal with other aircraft.

2 Likes

Can’t reproduce

Make sure your audio control panel is configured correctly,this is the case in the new A310,but I have repeating controller instructions,and loss of the copilot,definitely borked…

1 Like

I certainly did.

1 Like

Same today, could here co pilot, but other atc chatter appeared as text only no voice speech.

To be clear, folks, I am aware that there is an issue where ATC and other aircraft will suddenly go silent in gameplay, but this report is about it being silent all of the time in certain aircraft.

A workaround at the moment is to make sure your volume comms are at 100% volume.

They already are. As I mentioned earlier, the random ATC chatter (subtitles on) I got around Salt Lake City had “Audio Missing” in brackets.

like this: “ATC: [ Audio Missing ] United 308, please expedite your climb to FL360.”

When I check ATC chat log, however, the [ Audio Missing ] bit is not logged.

I hope this leads the Asobo team to a solution.

1 Like

Just had an event while taxiing in the A320FBW where I lost ALL audio from the sim, atc, engine sounds, cockpit noises, everything!

I initially thought I had lost pc audio but alt tabbing out of MSFS I could still hear pc sounds.

I alt tabbed back into MSFS and still no audio. However when I quit the flight back to the main screen I could hear the usual mouse clicks in the menus. Still no audio though when I set up for the next flight.

It all came back after a reboot of MSFS. Definitely an odd one and something to keep an eye on.

I guess I’ll go to FSLTL discord and see if this is an issue specific to FSLTL users, but tbh I think the chances are small, as due to FSLTL issues on my system I can only use default traffic for flying traffic, and FSLTL for ground parked planes.

@mdapol can you instead post a screenshot of stuff working as intended? Like, an ATC record of proper, non-repeating approach instruction that actually receives reply?

There are literally hundreds of examples of YouTube videos and streams recorded up to and including today that show ATC working fine.

It is by far the norm that ATC works as intended. There are a few outliers where it doesn’t work for a short period, usually due to server issues. I’ve never heard of ATC voices not working for months or years at a time.

If that is indeed, what’s happening to you, then I would completely delete and reinstall your game as you have a massive problem somewhere.

Edit: one other thing, I thought of is that since ATC is heavily dependent on the cloud and network connections, try installing MSFS on a laptop and using it at a different location. Or on a different network.

If it’s a network problem I don’t think reinstalling would work. But since you mentioned it I guess it may help to provide this information:

I am using the South-East Asia server, and flying between Taiwan and Japan. it is possible that this is either limited to that server, or that part of the in-game world.

You should test your theory by flying somewhere else. You can also manually change servers to test that.

I’m in California using the west USA server.