Can’t Save a flight in VR?

When I press escape, and then the load/save button, a “normal” window is opened to name and save the flight. Trouble is, I can’t see it in my HMD. No problem, I remove my HMD and look at my monitor. Nothing. I can alt-tab, and the window shows up, but goes back ‘to the background” (not focused) when I select it. Then, I also have to use task manager to close MSFS. It’s like the program freezes/locks up. So I can never truly pull up that window, or interact with it to either load, or save a flight. Make sense? Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.

1 Like

Please report this to zendesk

Yes this is a problem I have too.

I took my headset of and it requires a bit fiddling around with which window has focus. You can actually use keyboard + mouse + alt+tab to try to safe and after that to get the flight sim working again. Got a successful save and continued the flight.

1 Like

Known issue (happened to me).

MSFS likes being in Full Screen mode, in VR though Full Screen will stay on top of any explorer pop-up windows and you cannot Alt-Tab properly.

Remedy is, first ALT-ENTER to go from MSFS Full Screen mode to Windowed mode, then Load/Save, or now you can Alt-Tab to the explorer window, and vice versa back.

MSFS always saves the state of the screen on the time of quitting.

I CTD every time I load or save a flight in VR.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.