Can the trees be modded?

I made many low poly trees for a game called Cities Skylines. After flying around in certain places I would like to add or replace with better looking trees. For example I have a set of coconut trees I would love to populate in tropical areas etc. But I have no idea where to start. Anyone know if this is doable?

2 Likes

In the MS Store version there’s a folder called (…)\FlightSimulator\Official\OneStore\fs-base\vegetation\

There you’ll find:
10-asobo_biomes.xml (here you can play around with the areas the vegetation is supposed to spawn)
10-asobo_species.xml (database for the different kinds of vegetation and their properties)

I know how to enter a new biome, but not how to include a new species. But maybe you’ll find what you’re looking for there.

Best wishes

1 Like

Those trees look great - better than what’s in the sim! I hope you get it working - I’ll download them for sure!

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s a start. I have the game pass version. I may switch to buying the Standard version over the holidays. I’m also wondering if the game pass version have some restrictions when it comes to modding. Also what folder do we put the 3D objects to be imported into the game?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fs2020-tree-editor-tool/253824/2

Game pass version shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve edited some files (.js files under Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator…\LocalCache) with no issues with permissions etc.

1 Like